News, bad and good...

  • Iolmisha@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
      I just received a call from the head of the Public Defender's Office, Jeff Adachi, who is Tyrelle Taylor's defense attorney.

      The charges brought against him on  his Sept. 05 case have been dismissed.

      But he is indicted again, behind the June 06 case, the DA brought 16 charges against him, and he could face a 100 yr.+ sentence, and the bail is set at 750,000 dollars.

      The good news is that Tyrelle is now, although incarcerated, attending school.

      According to Adachi, there is a tremendous push on the DA to criminalize Black Youth and seek maximum sentences.

      We obviously do not currently have the resources to raise such bail... Unless one of you has a brilliant angle for appeal to our community.

      OUr hearts go to young Tyrelle, his courage and drive in the face of such adversity...

      mesha
      Site Moderator
    • Donna Wallach
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
        Hi Mesha

        Thank you for sending out the news. These criminals who are
        "criminalizing" our youth are committing Crimes Against Peace and
        Crimes Against Humanity. I wish there was a way to impeach every
        single one of them. We are being attacked on every which way they
        can, we really need to find a way to unite together and fight back -
        on every single issue. Here in San Jose the cops are on a rampage!
        The people need to rise up to the occasion, somethings gotta give soon!

        thanks again
        take care dear sister.
        donna

        On Mar 1, 2007, at 2:31 PM, Iolmisha@... wrote:

        > I just received a call from the head of the Public Defender's
        > Office, Jeff Adachi, who is Tyrelle Taylor's defense attorney.
        >
        > The charges brought against him on his Sept. 05 case have been
        > dismissed.
        >
        > But he is indicted again, behind the June 06 case, the DA brought
        > 16 charges against him, and he could face a 100 yr.+ sentence, and
        > the bail is set at 750,000 dollars.
        >
        > The good news is that Tyrelle is now, although incarcerated,
        > attending school.
        >
        > According to Adachi, there is a tremendous push on the DA to
        > criminalize Black Youth and seek maximum sentences.
        >
        > We obviously do not currently have the resources to raise such
        > bail... Unless one of you has a brilliant angle for appeal to our
        > community.
        >
        > OUr hearts go to young Tyrelle, his courage and drive in the face
        > of such adversity...
        >
        > mesha
        > Site Moderator

        <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
        World Centric Fair Trade & Eco Store
        http://www.worldcentric.org/store/
        We have created and live in a world of gross social and economic
        inequalities[1] and are at the same time severely impacting[2] the
        natural eco-systems and regenerating bio-capacity of the planet.
        Our every action has an impact on the well-being of our planet and
        our everyday decisions[3] can help create a better world for all.
        In keeping with this fact and our vision, the World Centric Fair
        Trade/Eco Online Store provides everyday consumption choices, which
        can help minimize social & economic inequalities, reduce the impact
        of our consumption on the environment and help create a better and
        sustainable world.

        1. http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/socialjustice.htm
        2. http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/environment.htm
        3. http://www.worldcentric.org/sustain/index.htm

        *<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*

        Pagesincolor.com
        Fair Trade Crafts, Alternative Media
        John F. Thielking, owner
        888 E. Santa Clara St.
        San Jose, CA 95116
        tel: 408-924-0846
        pagesincolor@...
        http://www.pagesincolor.com

        *<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*<->*

        ---> Free Mumia Abu-Jamal <---
        http://www.mumia.org http://www.freemumia.org
        +++> Bring Leonard Peltier Home Now! <+++
        http://www.leonardpeltier.org
        http://www.myspace.com/freepeltier
        ===> Hands Off Assata Shakur! <===
        http://www.assatashakur.org
        ***> Free the MOVE 9 <***
        http://www.onamove.com
        ---> Free Rocky Boice Jr. <---
        http://www.ibiblio.org/twf/carsonten.html
        +++> Free Lori Berenson <+++
        http://www.freelori.org
        ===> Release Hugo Pinell from Prison NOW <===
        http://www.hugopinell.org
        ***> Free Tre Arrow <***
        http://www.trearrow.org/
        ---> Free all Political Prisoners & Prisoners of War! <---
        http://prisonactivist.org/pps+pows/pplist-alpha.shtml
        +++> Abolish the racist & classist death penalty! <+++
        ===> Palestinian Statehood Not Israeli Occupation <===
        ***> Support Palestinian Right to Return <***
        http://www.badil.org http://www.al-awda.org
        ---> Divest from Israel! Boycott products made in Israel! <---
        http://www.boycottisraeligoods.org
        +++> Tear down the Israeli Apartheid Wall <+++
        http://www.stopthewall.org
        ===> End the U.S. Occupation of Afghanistan NOW! <===
        ***> End U.S./British Occupation of Iraq NOW! <***
        http://www.iraqintifada.net