496We've been asked to join M19 events!

  • ISARConelove@cs.com
    Feb 25, 2009

      We've been asked to join M19 events! And is 3pm possible i...
      Date:2/25/2009 2:19:36 PM Pacific Standard Time
      From:ISARConelove

      To:zapatita@...

      CC:riva187@...
      , SF_COPWATCH@yahoogroups.com, no_2_SF_JROTC@yahoogroups.com0">, no_@_Gang_Injunctions@yahoogroups.com, isf23@yahoogroups.com, editor@..., Justice4Tyrell@..., Justice4Oscar_Grant@yahoogroups.com

      Sounds like a wonderful plan Pati ! Lets participate in  the
      Unhappy  B_Day !

      Sorry about yesterday, I had a Mental Health Association IT planning committee meeting from 3 to 5 on Julian Street. at Friendship House.

      To connect around JTOTC Issues, please contact
      Riva Anteen
      riva187@...
      We have been
      meeting with Riva &  Supes Yee, Kim and Seyers at SFUSD to brainstorm on how to block Fiona Ma from reintroducing the PE credits for JROTC

      Your contacts around challenging Gang Injunctions:
      Atty Damon Hale, who defends Shante (falsely accused to belong to the Oakdale Mob),
      dhale2323@...
      and the head of the Public Defenders Office
      Jeff-Adachi@...

      Your main  contact for UFPJ:
      My excellent friend Siri Marjerin, coordinator, who serves as the Treasurer of my Board of Directors
      sirism@...
      861-3771

      The World Can't wait
      Rita Akayama
      ritaakayama@...
      336-2801

      You probably are already connected to , SF ANSWER
      Richard Becker
      AMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">rbecker17@...
      and Forrest Schmit?
      Joyce U. ?,
      nohid@...
      Marylin Cornwell
      momspan2003@...

      Most current strategies at City Hall around immigration issues are spearheaded by Angela Chan from Asian Law Caucus
      angelac@...
      But she is generally not responsive through email to people who are extraneous to the core group/
      Try Carecen Staff instead !

      I can connect you with Minister Christopher Muhammad (NOI) and Jim Queen (forner head of Juvie Probation), both involved in fighting Gang Injunctions and environmental justice issues, Muhammad is part of the Olivet Baptist Church Coalition on Oakland (Caravan to Sacramento  and Justice4OscarGrant Campaign, shutting down Bart administration etc ) of last week

      COLOR="#000080" BACK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 PTSIZE=12 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

      I feel that we should alert Justice4Tyrell (Taylor) and Justice4Oscar_Grant through the yahoo sites. to connect the dots around the Unhappy B-Day
      I will post your message on both sites I moderate.

      I  also moderate the NO_2_sfJTOTC and NO_2_Gang_Injunctions yahoo sites, that comprise hindered of subscribers, , and will post your strategy there as well.

      Uh, where do you plan to show the film about HUTTO? Outdoors?

      For performers on the 19th, please contact Xavier Reyes of Colored Ink, former artistic director at the Brava, and current executive board member surely he would love to perforn
      I can also contact you with JR Valrey and Kevin Epps for Black performers.

      Please put me down as speaker on End the War at Home and Abroad , I only take up 3 minutes., as
      mesha Monge-Irizarry,
      SF City Commissioner,
      San Francisco Education Not Incarceration, co-director.

      We should run a list of endorsements of March 19, that  we can then forward to the other groups who may complete/
      The list of national endorsements of the Justice4Oscar_Grant Campaign that I compile daily  from ISARC has over 500 individual and organizations local and national endorsers (even signed by the Anarchy group from Greece !)
      I would be happy to collect Unhappy Birthday endorsements and compile them alphabetically.

      In Unity & Respect
      mesha Monge-Irizarry
      ISARC

      We've been asked to join M19 events! And is 3pm possible instead of 3:30?
      Date:    2/24/2009 2:05:24 AM Pacific S
      tandard Time
      From: zapatita@...

      We’ve been invited to participate in organizing and doing outreach for an event on March 19th, the 6th yr anniversary of the war on Iraq.

      Maybe some of you have already heard, but in case you haven’t, the coalitions Direct Action to Stop the War and United for Peace and Justice are inviting different grassroots groups, (no political parties), to take a BART station and create a protest or action, in which ever way the group wants, in the theme of stopping the wars abroad and fighting the wars at home.  Some groups who are participating include the Iraq Vets Against War,
      Against Torture,
      Courage to Resist

      and more have already claimed BART plazas, but they are leaving the 16th and 24th plazas to folks who want to organize around issues concerning youth, im/migrant justice and police brutality issues.

      The other collective i participate in, UA in the Bay is interested in
      working with us to do an action at the 16th Street BART plaza to bring up these themes.
      I mentioned to them that we’ve been interested in finding
      an opportunity to show the film about the Hutto im/migrant family
      detention center,
      and spread info about family detention centers and also about the work we do.
      They are really interested and also want to hit upon the local JROTC and Gang Injunction issues.

      Also, we’re contacting the im/migrant rights youth group “Stop the Raids Now” and ARCO, (local zapatista/anarquista collective) to join us in planning, doing outreach  and participating in the event. You might also contact Yo and Youth Speaks

      Some ideas:

      Start at 3:30, (when most high schools get out) have a lil intro, theater
      and music, food served by Food Not Bombs and showing the film about Hutto.
      After that, if folks are down, then we can continue addressing these
      issues by other means, maybe joining up with other groups at other BART plazas or something else...

      We’re being asked to help do outreach by going to high schools and middle schools in the area to pass out fliers and encourage kids to come, during the weeks leading up to the 19th.  We’re going to try and pair up with folks who speak spanish from ARCO.

      Also, if anyone knows of any acoustic musicians or theater folks who would like to perform, pls let ‘em know.

      So we’re being asked to let them know asap, so they can include our name and contact info on their fliers.  The next meeting will be next Tuesday at 7pm, possibly at Station 40.

      So what do you think?  Might also be a great way to help our collective get more exposure and grow some more.
      If i don’t see you later at the mtg
      today, pls get back to me and let me know what you think.

      Here's the web sites-
      UA, (Unconventional Action), in the Bay,
      www.uainthebay.org

      Direct Action to Stop the War:
      bayareadirectaction.wordpress.com/

      and Unitedfor Peace and Justice:
      upj-bayarea.orgK="#ffffff" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=3 PTSIZE=12 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">

      ARCO doesn't have a blog or web site, but you can look them up at
      lists.risuep.net

      Thanks, keep stepping it up!
      pati

      From: ISARConelove@...
      Full-name: ISARConelove
      Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:19:36 EST
      Subject: Re: [sfc-Internal] We've been asked to join M19 events! And is 3pm possible i...
      To: zapatita@...
      CC: riva187@..., SF_COPWATCH@yahoogroups.com,
         no_2_SF_JROTC@yahoogroups.com, no_@_Gang_Injunctions@yahoogroups.com,

      OLOR="#0000ff" SIZE=3 PTSIZE=12 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">dhale2323@...
      and the head of the Public Defenders Office
      Jeff-Adachi@...

      Your main  contact for UFPJ:
      My excellent friend Siri Marjerin, coordinator, who serves as the Treasurer of my Board of Directors
      sirism@...
      861-3771

      The World Can't wait
      Rita Akayama
      ritaakayama@...
      336-2801

      You probably are already connected to , SF ANSWER
      Richard Becker
      rbecker17@...
      and Forrest Schmit?
      Joyce U. ?,