493Volunteers sought : newly forming SF_COPWATCH
- Sep 23, 2008
Welcome to the San Francisco Chapter of COPWATCH !
We are growing a powerful coalition of
* Survivors of Police Misconduct,
* Law Enforcement Accountability Activists
* And any San Francisco residents interested in monitoring police activity in San Francisco !
a joint project of Idriss Stelley Action &Resource Center
and Education Not Incarceration, San Francisco Chapter (ENI_SF)
Holds office at the landmark Redstone Building,
2940 16th Street, Suite #209
SF CA 94110
Our 24-HR Bilingual Spanish Hotline is
Please make an appointment with us by writing to
or call our Hotline
If you wish to volunteer with us.
We are seeking folks willing to go in team on Friday evenings for starters, with video or disposable cameras, clued through our radio scanner o where to go and observe from the SFPD dispatcher calls.
For starters, we will start monitoring Police conduct in the SF MISSION DISTRICT.
* Good souls ON WHEELS !
* A video camera !
* Legal observers !
* Folks willing to take our Know Your Rights Training and educate their peers, kids, neighbors and co-workers !
* Archive incidences of Police Misconduct
* Start a database on such incidents, including date, time, officers badge #'s, location and data on eventual victims
* Process eventual commendations to the chief and commensurate precincts when we observe a Police JOB WELL DONE...
OUR PROJECTED OUTCOME:
Contribute in streamlining officers' compliance with policies and procedures when it comes to zero tolerance of:
* Excessive Force
* Racially Biased Policing
* Illegal seizures
* Illegal cooperation with ICE.
We are planning a Steering Committee at the Redstone either of Thursdays or Fridays evenings, please let us know of your preference
In Unity &Respect