      Subj: Re: dear Hali Reiskin , mesha here on Mary Ratcliff referral, re: West Mob
      Date: 7/12/2008 11:48:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time
      From: halidgka@...
      To: Iolmisha@...
      CC: editor@..., justice4tyrell@yahoogroups.com, jeff.adachi@..., M26sf@..., pastorsagainstinjustice@...
      File: 6.10.08LindoReport.zip (2116839 bytes) DL Time (46667 bps): <13 minutes
      Received from Internet: click here for more information

      Ms. Misha-
      I read of your son, am sorry for our loss and know of your works. It
      is nice to be in touch. Attached find the Commander Lindo (assigned
      to SFHA) report on SFHA property that he submitted at this week's SFHA
      Commission meeting (page 6 &9 noteworthy with recommendations to shut
      down public housing sites, draft revision to Police Code to further
      marginalize folks &touting the Civil Injunctions and draconian
      evictions of grandmothers based on zero tolerance/1-Strike laws). I
      have been working on all of these issues in some capacity for about 6
      months in my role as Community Lawyer in BVHP.

      Also, your Tyrelle may be the one who is presently a subject of the
      SFHA Citywide stay-away. See attached chart of all of these (the info
      comes from sftc.org and needs to be updated + a couple more have been
      filed). I landed one of the young men representation from Heller
      Erhman &case has been dismissed, am helping a couple others Pro Per
      but still others have this "Stay-Away" and may not even know it.
      Depending on where Tyrelle he is, where the case is (sftc not working
      right now, I tried to check) &if he is interested I can help prepare
      a response for him to file (have him be in touch). Interesting that
      now 3 out of 4 of the young men subject to these have made complaints
      against police misconduct (OCC or civil) and the 4th filed a complaint
      against SFHA for property damage. All but a couple are black and all
      but one are men.

      In my opinion, These SFHA Injunctions are an outrage. On the larger
      scope, I have talked about this to numerous folks, from firms to LCCR,
      CCLP &ACLU (Norcal Chair Tyler showed interest) and I am waiting for
      the legals to step up ans see this issue for the civil rights
      violation (of hot-button &complex) that it is. Ms.Colfax at the
      Public Defenders office has also shown interest and we have been in
      touch.. but the office has been consumed with budget work lately.
      Heller Erhman guys were awesome and are interested in the big picture
      on this too. Larry B. Becker with Legal Assistance Elderly has also
      been extremely supportive. I hope to get interested legal folks
      together to discuss any thoughts on how to make this happen are super
      appreciated.

      Take care,
      Hali

      Re: dear Hali Reiskin , mesha here on Mary Ratcliff referral, re: West Mob
      From:
      "Hali Reiskin" <halidgka@...>
      Date:
      Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:48:04 -0700
      To:
      Iolmisha@...
      To:
      Iolmisha@...
[...]

      On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM,  <Iolmisha@...> wrote:

      Idriss Stelley Action & Resource Center

      I S A R C   Redstone Building, Suite # 209,
      2940 16th Street, SF CA 94110

      http://tiny.cc/0qCcg
      http://www.myspace.com/ISFOUNDATION

      * ISARC general mailbox
      iolmisha@... (ISARC)

      7-11-08
      CC: ISARC Board of Directors

      Dear Comrade Hali Reiskin,

      I just read Mary Ratcliff (SF Bayview paper' editor)'s mail to you re:
      Middle Point & West Point, and the "West Mob"

      4 years ago, we spearheaded a rally, march and protest from Middle Point &
      West Point called "Shape Up or Ship Out SFPD", that marched down to the
      Bayview Opera House for a press conference.
      The rally was attended, by over 400 participants,
      Matt Gonzalez, Chris Daly were among the keynote speakers, Hip Hop reknown
      Bayview Rap Artists Javier Reyes of Colored Ink, Mac Mall and Ray Love
      performed, and Michael Franti of Spearheads Vibrations/ BVHP resident
      attended,  and  Minister of Information (for Chairman Fred Hampton) J.R, and
      KPOO Anchor DaveyD took pictures of the event for the SF Bayview Black
      National Newspaper, and the event was also featured in Indybay under Police
      State.

      We brought our own security,  and the event, attended by a number of local
      Black Youth in spite of "turf issues" (various neighborhoods territorial
      problems) unfolded without any incidents or arrests.
      Sophie Maxwell was caught at a stop light on 3rd and Newcomb, after the
      event was over, alleging that she was "trying to come" to the last rally
      check point at the Bayview Opera House but had been "delayed in Traffic".
      The event shone by the absence of any other city officials.

      This was held as a public response to the Bayview PD's arrest and beating of
      Baby Finsta,  Marcus Law (now deceased) on Middle Point and West Point,
      while families and small children were held at gun point and a mother was
      told "Back off, Black B. or I'll shoot you"
      Earlier that month, we held a press conference and community forum  about
      the assault (Finsta has been held unconscious in an ambulance for 45 minutes
      alone, with no medical supervision) at the "green house" then managed by
      ISARC and the SF Bayview  below the newspaper, attended by then Bayview
      Captain Puccineli, Commander Greg Surh, Public Relations Ldt. Gittens and
      chief Fong, who blurred lame excuses to our concerned community members
      attending the Press Conference.

      Later that year, we held another press conference at the same location,
      (this time all police top brass refused to show up),
      (facilitated by then Police Commissioner Gayle Orh Smith and attended by now
      SF Police Commission President Theresa Sparks), addressing yet another
      police assault at the very same street corner, officers yelling racial slurs
      from a patrol car which licence plate started with "KK_____", which had the
      community laughing in spite of their outrage,

      When Marcus Law was killed in a drive-by shooting on Northridge, kids who
      witnessed it yelled at a passing patrol car "Quick ! The white van that went
      up on Kiska Road!".
      The officers glared at the kids and proceeded to slowly drive down towards
      3rd Street instead.

      Marcus Law previous case of police excessive force at 14, about which we
      protested at "Shape Up or Ship Out SFPD", was a winning case, coming up in
      Federal Court that year, when he died at 17 on a "Drive-By Shooting"

      Not surprisingly coincidental was the case of Tyrelle Taylor, a former
      complainant through his family at the age of 14 yr. for the Kiska Road
      Police Assault on 6 teenagers on MLK Day 2002, when  the 14 yr.daugther of
      Sue Martin's breasts where fondled by a Bayview precinct male officer and
      she was called a "Black B", and 14 yr. Jerome Johnson was given a concussion
      and broken jaw.
      The incident was also witnessed by public housing residents Tenisha Williams
      and Sister Inelle.

      the Kiska Road excessive force against Black children incident went to
      posterity on SF Hall of Shame for the words of a Bayview officer at the
      scene, caught on audiotape, in response to parents crying out "Why are you
      doing this???" (and Sister Sue, then president of a BVHP neighborhood tenant
      association being told: "Take one more step, B., and I will shoot you),

      "AS LONG AS YOU PEOPLE ARE HERE,
      WE WILL CONTINUE DOING THIS"

      When Tyrelle, also then 17,  was shot 5 times in the back, then beaten up by
      Bayview PD, his MLK DAY case of excessive force was also coming up in
      federal court.

      Tyrelle Taylor, recriminalized twice since MLK Day 2002

      Our services were relocated to the Mission District
      on  Feb 15 2008, to a cheaper location fir our office,
      but we continue working in close collaboration with the SF Bayview, and
      submitt regular Police State
      related  articles to the paper.

      However, we want to remain active and support the Poor, Black & Brown
      People's struggle against Environmental Racism, & landgrab in

      BVHP where I still live on Ingerson Avenue, and challenging the subsequent
      bogus "Gang Injunctions" (such as the elusive Oakdale Mob Injunction and
      Restraining order orchestrated by Herrera and Judge King), and continued
      police repression and their "Operation Impact" collaboration with CHP
      primarily concentrating  on Bayview and other SF Poor Neighboorhoods of
      Color to accelerate "Poor, Black & Brown Removal" and make readily room for
      gentrification, through "Protecting and Serving Corporate Interest"

      151 members nationwide, spearheaded by ISARC

      Joanne Albernathy, P.O.W.E.R. member, Gang task Force assault last
      Thanksgiving Day,
      set up by ISARC

      For several months, we hosted the weekly meetings of the SF African American
      Community Policing Relations Board, South East Branch at our 3rd street
      prior location.

      AACPRB is now a part of the "Ground Zero" movement that meets every Thursday
      evening at Reverend Ernest Jackson Grace Tabernacle Church on Ingalls "up on
      the Hill",
      that comprises a conglomerate of Justice & Interfaith entities such as John
      Coltrane Church, NOI 3rd Street, Environmental Justice org. headed by
      Francisco DaCosta, POWER, SF Bayview publisher  Willie Ratcliff, ipso facto
      "mayor of Bayview" Espanola Jackson, and a growing number of concerned and
      aware BVHP residents.

      SFPD top brass also boycotted the Press conference we held at the Green
      House on the month of the release of the infamous "Bayview PD Videotapes",
      portraying the Homeless, Black Women, Transgender individuals and Asian
      Officers in a racist and vilifying manner.
      http://powderblog.typepad.com/inside_the_sfpd_blog/

      We also hosted the SF Bayview Campaign to End the Death Penalty (CEDP) and
      Free Kevin Cooper/SaveTookie Williams monthly meetings,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CEDP_bayview/
      as well as Free the Jena 6 Bayview Task Force meetings  until our relocation
      to the Mission District.
      34 members

      among 116 websites we set up
      for local and nationwide Survivors of Law Enforcement Misconduct,
      Grieving Families
      and Social/Racial Justice activists,
      we also moderate:
      ENOUGH_BVH,
      CommunityFirstCoalition
      and the National RacialJusticeBrigade activists websites,

      67 members
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CommunityFirstCoalition/

      We are currently involved in the fight to ban ROTC from San Francisco and
      set up
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NO_2_SF_JROTC/
      57 members
      and
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SF_MyceliumGardeningProject/
      27 members, bioremediation
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BrigadaContraLasRedadas/
      67 members
      set up by ISARC for SF Barrio Unido and Compañeros del Barrio,
      Stop the SF Violations of Sanctuary ordinance/ stop ICE RAIDS in SF
      http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/05/27/18502542.php

      SF Black&Brown Equitable Drug Policies Coalition
      ( I am a candidate for the vacant seat on the SF Community Drug Policy
      Reform Reviewing Board / Marijuana Offenses)
      and
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JusticiaBrigade/
      La Voz Latina/SF Tenderloin Housing Clinic.

      I hope that we can soon get in touch, please let us know
      how we can support your local efforts ?

      In Unity &Respect,
      meshá Mongé_Irizarry, executive director,

      * ISARC,
      * Education Not Incarceration, SF Chapter, ENI_S
      * Black&Brown Equitable Drug Policies Coalition, BEDPC

      24 HR Bilingual Crisis line (415) 595-8251
      I.S.A.R.C

      Vision:

      Idriss Stelley Action & Resource Center (ISARC)'s primary goals are:

      * To create systemic changes to End Law Enforcement brutality and Racially
      Biased Policing  through grassroots campaigns;
      ;
      * To Empower Victims and Survivors of law enforcement misconduct,
      towards true social and racial justice for All;

      * To provide Technological support and professional development for
      organizations and individuals working to address police accountability;

      * and to organize  grassroots campaigns and events to raise awareness and
      create policy change.

      Background:

      ISARC was created in 2003 through the settlement of
      Meshá Irizarry s vs. City &County and SFPD
      and its allocation to Irizarry, mother of Idriss Stelley.

      meshá's only child, 23 yr. African American honor student was killed by the
      San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) at the Sony Metreon on June 13, 2001,
      with 48 shots by 9 officers, as he sat alone in an emptied theater,
      experiencing an emotional breakdown.

      Idriss Stelley's case is at the root of:

      * the 40-HR mandatory SFPD Mental Health Training, ratified in SF in March
      2002;
      * and of the San Francisco Police reform proposition (Prop H)  that passed
      by a substantial margin on the November,  2003 San Francisco ballot.

      Description of Services:

      Direct Services for Victims and Family Members:

      *  24-HR trilingual Spanish/French/English Hotline;
      *  Weekly drop in intake Clinics;
      *  Know Your Rights workshops;
      *  Monthly Victory Over Violence Support Groups;
      *  Individual Peer Counseling;
      *  Pro Bono  Attorneys referrals;
      *  Stolen Lives Community Altars for families of victims in the greater Bay
      Area;
      *  Volunteer and undergraduate program  for Youth who want to acquire
      knowledge in grassroots action to End Police Brutality.
      *  and Emergency Funds for funeral expenses.

      Organizational Services for Survivors,
      Families &Police Accountability agencies:

      *  Website hosting and development
      *  "SF_Village Voice" Community Radio
      *  Word for word Translation services (Eng/ Spanish/French, sliding scale)
      *  Technical and programmatic assistance to law enforcement accountability
      centers.
      *  Cultural awareness and organizational behaviors seminars for progressive
      organizations
      *  Host of Education Not Incarceration (ENI) SF Chapter to work for justice
      in SF's schools
      * Spearheading  or technical assistance in terms of Rallies and Protests for
      Grieving Families and Survivors of Police Brutality.

      Grassroots Campaigns & Events:

      *  Grassroots campaigns to create policy change
      *  Speakers bureau and workshops at events covering police accountability
      *  Bang for Change Civil Rights Revival Festivals with speakers and
      performers

      Awards:

      "Local Heroes of the Year" ,San Francisco Bay Guardian,
      "Best of 2004" edition, July 28, 2004

      "Unsung Heroes" Award December, 2006,  SF Beyond Chronicle

      "We_Are_The_Ones_We_Have_Been_Waiting_for
      International Award, celebrating 1,000 Women and Ancestors in the World Who
      Are Making or made a Substantial Difference Towards Global Peace."
      (spearheaded by  L.A. Latino Cultural Worker and Author Dorinda Moreno)

      Contact info:
      meshá Mongé_Irizarry, executive director
      iolmisha@... (ISARC)
      (415) 595-8251

      Director,

      * ISARC,
      * Education Not Incarceration, SF Chapter, ENI_S
      * Black&Brown Equitable Drug Policies Coalition, BEDPC

      Member of:
      *  Hurricane Relief Board
      *  Education Not Incarceration National Executive Board (ENI)
      *  National RacialJusticeBrigade
      *  BlackBrownUnity Movement
      *  SF Brigadas Contra Las Regadas (Stop the Ice Raids)
      * Justicia Brigade (SF LA Voz Latina)

      Host of:

      * Black &Brown Equitable Drug Policies Coalition
      * No_2_Gang_Injunctions National Web Network

      Media Coverage:

      * SF Bayview National Black Newspaper Reporter sfbayview.com, police
      accountability column;
      * Free lance on Indymedia  and Changester Magazine under "Police State" and
      "Racial Justice" ;
      * Seeing_Black.com blogger "BlackBrownUnitySista";