Martial Law in Oakland

  • ISARConelove@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009

      2009

         http://www.kirwanesque.com/politics/articles/2009/art6.htm

      Kirwan Articles

      Martial Law in California
      January 12, 2009

      BART serves nine Bay-Area counties in Northern California that together comprise the fourth largest population center in this country. People in these nine counties are now under Martial Law; at least when they board a BART train. The Bay Area Rapid Transit District is not a transportation agency it is a commuter service, owned and operated by the federal government. Consequently BART’s rules for keeping order do not come from city or county officials, but from the State and from the Federal government. Bart Police have modeled themselves on the worst components of the thugs that work for HOMELAND Security. Peace officers are not "Troops." Bart police have copied the Nazi SS in manner, in demeanor and now in their public behavior toward the American people.

      The federal connection here is important: “It should be noted that on March 17, 2003 Bush hired "the former head of the KGB (the secret police of the former Soviet Union), General Yevgeni Primakov," as a consultant to the US Department of Homeland Security.

      Primakov joined another Russian, Oleg Kalugin, KGB (Ret) with the Department of State Security, also as a part of Homeland Security. On January 1, 2005 Kalugin was replaced with the infamous and sinister Silver Fox himself (his former CIA code name), Gen. Markus Wolf. "Wolf was the head of the international intelligence gathering arm (HVA) of East Germany's Ministry for State Security, or Stasi." This went a long way toward perfecting the spying and wiretapping of the entire USA, and insured that Americans would become the next victims of State Terrorism ala the USSR and Communist East Germany.”
      (1)

      It’s been twelve days now since one of Bart’s thugs murdered someone that had not even been arrested. The entire event was captured on video, without an audio capability. There were a number of other people detained but not charged, held on the same platform for six full hours in handcuffs, who were just feet away from the callous execution. The actions of the uniformed thug were clearly shown on this tape
      .

      Before the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, there were clear procedures in place for peace officers to follow in the execution of their duties. No officer was allowed to become judge, jury and executioner; much less without first arresting the individual that might be suspected of a crime. Also, when a murder was committed, and witnessed, an arrest warrant was issued: there was simply no-way that a suspected murderer would or could be given an option as to whether or not he or she would answer questions. The accused had to be offered the services of an attorney, but the police always had the right to arrest the person with the weapon, after that weapon had been shown to be the murder weapon.

      BART officials, the local District Attorney’s and now the State Attorney General have all weighed in – yet there has still not been an arrest made in this case. All of the time-honored mythology surrounding the behavior of police; has in this case been shattered. When crimes are committed by civilians they are summarily arrested and charged, often within hours. But when an “officer” kills someone whether with bullets or by Taser (400 known instances- so far) – no action against the police is taken for an extended period of time. That practice compounds the original crime and is far more serious because it means that those who are responsible for enforcement do not face the same consequences as do the citizens. that these ‘officers’ are supposedly charged with protecting the public from, but also from the government as well! Where is the US Attorney for Northern California in all of this or for that matter Barack Obama ? This crime is about the latest death of only one man, but how any society treats the least among themselves can cast a giant shadow over the whole nation.

      Every official that has obstructed the resolution of this case needs to be fired and then charged as a co-conspirator in this execution. To do less is to admit that the citizens in the nine Bay Area Counties are living under a form of Martial Law. There should be an ‘All Points Bulletin’ issued for the immediate arrest of Johannes Mehserle, before another day passes. Bush never found Osama bin Laden, but will it take Obama's AG to find one lone BART thug? This is an intolerable outrage against us all!   (2)

      Since The Bush Doctrine of 2002 went into effect, America has been living as a nation without laws. Those wearing a uniform in this country have become a major part in a lawless society unto themselves, and this must be ended if we are to have a country that has any authority to function as a nation of laws instead of as the outlaw State that the USA has now become.

      This behavior is part of what sponsored an open letter to Rouge Officers written in February, 2008. “Your numbers may be growing among the millions of people wearing some kind of badge in the United States, but your days are numbered. Not because of any direct threat from people like me; no what I'm talking about here is the threat that you are creating all by yourselves. If you had been paying attention you would have seen this coming on your own.

      What the military and the mercenaries are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan each of you is now doing here, in your own tiny little world so full of arrogance and basic brutality. Every time you beat a man senseless, or shame a woman to tears in front of her loved ones, or randomly kill someone either by accident or by design it happens just because you can - so you make more than enemies - you plant the seeds of your own violent end.”
      (3)

      Thirty years ago I did the art for “The Forgotten Victims of Violent Crime.” This was a California effort to protect those without a voice who were being victimized twice by violent crime. First by the criminals that committed these crimes and then by the uncaring State, that had not responded to these victims as they needed to, under the laws at that time. The project led to The California Victims Bill of Rights in 1980. This criminal act makes a travesty of that effort. (4)

      The execution of an unarmed and thoroughly contained individual on the Fruitvale BART platform on New Years day constituted a crime against society, as well as being a murder. Wanted posters for the officer on that video ought to be posted on all BART trains, in every car, right after everyone that has not acted thus far, has been summarily fired!

      Jim Kirwan

      A reader sent this in reaction:
      Date: January 9, 2005 9:49:50 AM EST
      To: sf.nancy@...
      Subject: Christmas Eve Encounter on Powell Street

      Hello, Congresswoman Pelosi:

      My name is Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt and I live in Bath, Maine. I am the author of "the deliberate dumbing down of america... A Chronological Paper Trail" I served as Senior Policy Advisor in the U.S. Department of Education during President Reagan's first term...was relieved of my duties for leaking to the press a very important grant related to technology to which I felt the public should have access. My background also includes employment by the U.S. Department of State from 1956-1964, working in Soviet and Middle Eastern affairs, and overseas in South Africa and in Belgium. I am presently a freelance writer.

      You may recall meeting me on Christmas Eve, about 5 p.m., as you were crossing Powell Street in San Francisco. (I was visiting my son who lives in San Francisco.) I believe you and I had just come out of Sak's Fifth Avenue. I wouldn't assume you would remember people who come up to you with questions...out of the blue...but since it was Christmas Eve I figure you may well recall our meeting. You were most gracious in taking time to talk to me, a perfect stranger, and it is for that reason that I am taking the liberty of writing to you.
      I identified myself as a former "conservative Republican" turned Independent, and said to you that I was very concerned over the war in Iraq and the use by the Bush Administration of 9/11 to get unconstitutional legislation passed which endangers the civil rights of Americans. I then asked you if you were aware of the Bush Administration's hiring of former Soviet KGB Chiefs (Generals) Yvgeny Primakov and Alexander Karpov to assist Homeland Security and DARPA in the design of an internal passport for Americans. You seemed surprised but did seem to recognize the name Primakov.

      The subject of hiring of these former KGB Chiefs has occupied much of my time for almost two years since my two Senators from Maine, Snowe and Collins, refuse to respond with a YES or NO answer to that question. I have waited almost two years for a response from Senator Snowe, and six months for a response from Senator Collins. I, and a colleague, a public school teacher, have written many letters to both Senators and have visited Senator Snowe's Portland, Maine office two times, and finally her Chief of Staff, Cheryl, the former Mayor of a town in Maine, regretfully explained to us that there was nothing the state office could do for us.

      Since I assume you will be interested in this case, I am taking the liberty of forwarding to you my latest article, the first published by the major media, related to this subject, and FINALLY a response to that published letter from Michael Bopp, Staff Director and Chief Counsel for Senator Collins. Evidently the fact that the editor of the Opinion Page of The Times Record of Brunswick, Maine had the courage to publish my article, forced Mr. Bopp to react. Great! The Times Record has a fairly important readership due to its location in midcoast Maine, the home of Bath Iron Works (shipbuilding), Bowdoin College, and the Brunswick Naval Air Station which is involved in the war in Iraq.

      You may also wish to go to my website
      click on "Articles", to read articles I have written on this subject which have been posted on Internet sites over the past eighteen months.
      I believe you will agree that the hiring of two ex-KGB Chiefs, one of whom (Primakov) is very close to Saddam Hussein and was in Baghdad a couple of weeks prior to the U.S. invasion, is very important. There is so much to this story which has not been touched by the media, except very recently by Bill Gertz in his article entitled "Pentagon Ousts Official Who Tied Russia, Iraq Arms" The Washington Times, 12/30/04. Gertz discussed the firing of John Shaw, at Defense, who exposed fact two former Soviet generals (could one be Primakov?) had been in Iraq prior to our invasion to help Hussein move WMD out of the country. I will also forward that information to you.

      This whole story reminds me of the U.S. Government's hiring of Nazi scientists, etc. after World War II. As the French would say "plus que ca change, plus que ca reste la meme chose."

      Thank you for taking the time to read this email and the enclosures which will be emailed separately. I will also send you these materials via snailmail.
      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Happy New Year!
      Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt

    • Agnes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
        Oscar Grant's murder is the "canary in the mine". We saw the same with famous cases such as Amadou Dialo and Sean Bell. It moved people off their couches that had never done anything of a protest before. The fight against the war abroad that has now come home must be fought. Hound, hound those in office but organize, agitate, organize community for defense.. Dry up any $$$$ flowing to the bosses. The thugs won't like that and will target the leaders. And I don't believe they care on ioda if there is a riot like after the Rodney King beating. They have thugs in wait for it to happen then they can uleash Herod's army on the chidren and use all kinds of new tools they honed in Iraq.
        We know the communities of color come under attack for being barbaric but we know who is barbaric and the world IS calling it out so continue to expose it in the wider world. Generate a full document to Human Rights Commissioners AROUND the world.

        Jim Kirwan has one idea also to wear t-shirts and post everywhere the history of the cops who killed Oscar and punched. That famous picture of the 1950's of a cop holding a dog while the dog is attacking a black man is instilled in the halls of history. So too, the picture of the cop with his gun over Oscar or the cop punching Oscar should be embedded in historic minds. The courts are not a safe bet to restore justice as we have seen so many times before.

        Agnes