Fwd: Community event: Justice for Guy Jarreau, jr.!!!

  • SF Bay View
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2011
      Seeing our old friend Guillermo is promoting this, I know it's a movement we'll all want to get behind. To learn more about the police murder of Guy Jarreau, read and watch the video at The Mehserle effect: Vallejo shooting tests era of police accountability by Kevin Weston of YO! and New American Media.

      Please spread the word!
      Mary Ratcliff
      SF Bay View
      (415) 671-0789
      www.sfbayview.com

      WHEN: 1:00 p.m., Friday, January 28, 2001
      WHERE: 321 Tuolumne Street , Vallejo , Solano County District Attorney's Office
      WHY: Vallejo Police killing of Guy Jarreau, jr.
       CONTACT: Verrose Hill, <707-235-6872>  <verrose.hill @ hotmail. com>

      In front of the Solano County District Attorney's Office and Service and Justice Center there will be a community rally calling on the District Attorney to conduct a full investigation into the fatal shooting of Guy Jarreau jr. by the Vallejo Police Department in December of 2010. The event will be open to the press, and there will be knowledgeable and concerned community members available to speak about the case and the call for Justice for Guy Jarreau, jr., a man who worked for peace in the community and was an active student at Napa Valley College, working with the Black Student Union and at the Child Daycare center.

      A central demand of the community is that all evidence, including video taped footage of the nights events documenting the incident of Guy’s killing, be made available for a full and comprehensive investigation by the District Attorney or the California Attorney General. At this time video tape evidence from the incident is being withheld by the Vallejo Police Department, and there are contradictory accounts between the police who say Guy had pointed a weapon at an officer, versus eye witness testimony stating that Guy kept his weapon in his belt and had only a green plastic cup in his hand.

      We, the concerned residents of the community and our fellow people, are demanding that justice be done by exposing the truth of what occurred that fatal night in December on Sonoma Blvd. All evidence from video taped recordings as well as eye witness testimony must be considered in a full investigation by the District Attorney or the California Attorney General. If the police department has done their job according to the law, then they have nothing to hide by releasing the tape for use in a full investigation by the DA.

      We further ask that the paramedics who arrived at the seen come forward with their statements.
      We ask for the police dispatch recordings.
      We ask for any witnesses to issue statements.
      We ask that Vallejo Police issue their officers with ear-bud bluetooth video cameras.
      We ask for a Citizen review panel.

      Endorsed by,
      God First
      Black Student Union, and UMOJA, of Napa Valley College
      Students for a Democratic Society of Napa Valley College
      Peace and Freedom Party of Solano County
      Oscar Grant Committee for Justice
      Katrina's Dream
      Movement for a Democratic Society - East Bay