1/17 mlk day protest doj chief eric holder in l.a. STOP KILLER COPS!

  • jubilee shine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2011
    please forward-

    monday 1/17 mlk day 4pm, after the parade (king & crenshaw), u.s. attorney general eric holder, head of the federal justice dept., will be guest of honor at the l.a. southern christian leadership conference banquet: lax gateway sheraton, century & airport blvd.  also being honored is Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) the world's largest sports & music owner/promoter, also being sued by michael jackson's mother for his wrongful death.  a cool 20 grand puts you at the "freedom fighter" table.  up front runs 75 stacks.

    holder announced on july 9, the day after ex-cop johannes mehserle was acquitted of voluntarily killing oscar grant, that the case was under federal investigation.  since then he has said nothing.  judge perry has overturned the jury-imposed gun enhancement conviction (max 10 yrs) and sentenced mehserle to less than the minimum 2 years with double time served so he'll be free in may, never having set foot in state prison where his sentence dictates.  accomplice & stone cold perjurer marisol domenici is now back on the force.  and there has been a string of killings since by califonia police of unarmed, non criminals of all backgrounds, brown, black and white.

    eric holder has just successfully convicted the first set of 15 separate federal indictments of civil rights violations against new orleans police from the katrina onslaught.  in california we demand the same:  federal civil rights charges against mehserle, his team, his superiors who officially arranged the cover up, and investigations of all departments from long beach to oakland with a pattern and practice of abuse under color of authority.

    we demand the end to federal raids and persecution of anti war peace activists.  we demand an end to the criminalization of masses of migrant workers and national oppression.

    in his february 09 black history month address upon becoming attorney general, eric holder said this is a "nation of cowards" that "simply do not talk enough with each other about race."  mr. holder we insist the talk be delayed no further about race, imperialism, national oppression, class and police brutality.  its no cowards on this side.

    unite the many,
    defeat the few!