Public Meeting CDCR Regulation Changes Sacarmento Dec 2

  • Gellybean*
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2009
      Public Meeting CDCR Regulation Changes Sacarmento Dec 2
      Posted by: "kathy" starfishkat@... starfishkat
      Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:02 am (PDT)

      I hope everyone in Ca. with Loved ones in prison Can show up for this. To get changes we need to let them see we count. We Care. After the attack on my son and Medical Neglect and torture by staff, this is an answer to prayer for me I can now face them face to face.

      CDCR REGULATION CHANGES
      CDCR has issuedthe following notices regarding changes in regulation for use of force. These changes come largely in response to incidences at Pelican Bay wherein correctional officers absed inmates while other COs lied to cover it all up. Most of the changes are largely to definitions andassigned responsibilities, but some are significant.

      There will be opportunity for public comment on December 2nd, in Sacramento. Comments should include the statement, "The proposed regulation changes and accompanying analysis fail to address the issue of," and then provide the item, such as, for example, added lack of reliable method for receiving and evaluating complaints of misconduct (and then provide your explanation of why).

      Of particular concern is the fact that the abuses at Pelican Bay were allowed to continue because there was no external reporting requirement to any body (such as some for of a citizens review committee). Nothing would keep officers from lying (again) to cover up any of their illegal activites.

      To view the changes in their entirety, review the following information:
      1. http://www.cdcr ca.gov/Regulatio ns/Adult_ Operations/ docs/NCDR/ 2009NCR/09- 12/NCR%2009- 12%20Letter. pdf (Cover letter notification)

      2. http://www.cdcr ca.gov/Regulatio ns/Adult_ Operations/ docs/NCDR/ 2009NCR/09- 12/Notice% 20-%20UOF. pdf (Summary of impacts)

      3. http://www.cdcr ca.gov/Regulatio ns/Adult_ Operations/ docs/NCDR/ 2009NCR/09- 12/ISOR%20- %20UOF.pdf (Statement of Reasons)

      4. http://www.cdcr ca.gov/Regulatio ns/Adult_ Operations/ docs/NCDR/ 2009NCR/09- 12/Text%20- %20UOF.pdf (Text of changes)