Remember Asa

  • Kahlil S
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2010
      This week Oscar Grant's trial began in LA. His murder is a testimonial to the fact of why accountability is necessary from those who are sworn to protect us and keep us safe. Technology gave Oscar's family evidence and his truth after death to prove police need policing. What if those people did not record what happened to Oscar? What if Jason was not with Asa on the night he was murdered? His eyes the camera, watching the faces of the evil people who came to murder my brother; his ears recording the last sounds Asa will ever hear; his voice evidence of truth what transpired days before my brother's life was stolen. Police should have cameras on and recording every encounter with a civilian. If San Jose police are trying it, why not SFPD? No lies or deceit, just proof of reality of what goes on.

      Four years and still no answers. Guilty until proven innocent in a court of law. Justice may come for Asa too someday. We will see.

      I miss you my brother and hold your memory always.