Fw: Planning meeting for October 22nd National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation

  • Kathleen Espinosa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 42 KB

    --- On Tue, 9/29/09, d'andre <deandre44@...> wrote:

    From: d'andre <deandre44@...>
    Subject: Planning meeting for ctober 22nd National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation

    Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 7:34 AM

    You are invited to be part of the planning and building for the

    October 22nd

    National Day of Protest to Stop Police Brutality,

    Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation

    Oakland City Hall, 12 Noon

    Oscar Grant murdered, shot in the back while handcuffed facedown on the BART platform early New Years morning. Millions saw the videos  of the killing on the news and internet.  6 others around the country were killed by police on that same day and 23 murdered by police during Memorial Day week. Locally, the numbers keep mounting – Brownie Polk, Parnell Smith, Jody Woodfox, Andrew Moppin, Anita Gay, Jose Luis Buenorostro, Casper Banjo – 48 Oakland police kills since 1998. From coast to coast, border to border – Sean Bell, Amadou Diallo and thousands more every year

    Thursday, October 1

    7pm

    Mudraker’s Café

    Telegraph and Stewart (6 Blocks from UC Berkeley)

    Berkeley

    We don’t want to live like this!  We resist!  On October 22nd,  wear black!    Join our protest and fight back!

    NO MORE STOLEN LIVES!

    October 22nd is a powerful day for going up against this repression, because it brings together those directly under the gun of police violence with other sections of society not under the gun.   It challenges the “divide and conquer” lies and cover-ups that keep us apart, bringing people of different backgrounds  to stand together to expose and oppose these outrages.  Across the country, in different cities and through different means of expression, we raise a resounding "NO" to these to these police raids, attacks on the youth and immigrants, and destroying of lives.

    See the national Call for October 22nd (attached)