Sept 8 Oscar Grant, epidemic of police brutality & need for resistance and revolution

  • rita akayama
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB

    REVOLUTION BOOKS

    Tuesday, September 8, 7pm -

    Oscar Grant, the epidemic of

    police brutality & the need for

    resistance and revolution

    Video of the murder of Oscar Grant, video statement by

    Carl Dix about October 22nd * & speakers including

    family members of people killed by police

    There’s a nationwide epidemic of police brutality and murder: “here in the USA itself the police harass, brutalize and murder youth in the streets of the inner cities—over and over again—and then they spit out their maddening insults, insisting that this is ‘justified,’ as if these youth are not human beings, have no right to live, deserve no respect and no future.” Revolution newspaper (revcom.us)

    Oakland is a flashpoint in this epidemic – from the murder of Oscar Grant by BART police to the August murder of Brownie Polk by Oakland Police – and a center of righteous resistance to it.

    Tuesday night we’ll be exposing these crimes – with first hand testimony from relatives of those murdered by police and cellphone video footage of Oscar Grant’s murder. We’ll be digging into what it's going to take to STOP police brutality -- resistance and revolution.

    Join us to make plans for making this year’s October 22 Demonstration – the 14th annual National Day of Protest To Stop Police Brutality, Repression And The Criminalization Of A Generation – the most powerful yet, a day when people declare: “We refuse to suffer these outrages in silence...We say no more! Enough is Enough!” A big step toward:

    “The days when this system can just keep on doing what it does to people, here and all over the  world…when people are not inspired and organized to stand up against these outrages and to build up the strength to put an end to this madness…those days must be GONE. And they CAN be.”

    * October 22...Stop Police Brutality! * No to ICE raids and round-ups of immigrants!

    * We Are All Oscar Grant – The Whole Damn System is Guilty

    * Fight the Power, Transform the People, For Revolution

    Revolution Books is located 2 blocks south of UCB ampus (under the orange parking structure)

    2425 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA 94704

    Revolutionbooks.org 510 848-1196   revolutionbooks@...