This Saturday is the three year mark

  • kespinosa1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
      Hello,

      June 6TH is this Saturday; the three year mark of Asa's death.

      The month of June seems to me to have so much going on between people graduating; the month most people get married; Father's Day coming up; and generally people are moving with the start of Summer among lots of things happening.

      So, every occasion I think about how Asa would have enjoyed life. I am saddened every day, more than once a day.

      On a brighter note, Asa was such a joker and brought me so much stability just knowing he was around. He had a common sense that kept me grounded. I know he would want me and everyone to try to reach for our individual "happiness".

      This year as in the past, I will light Asa's special candles I have for him. French Fries are again the special food to have in his honor. He had a big love of food.

      This Saturday will be hard for our family and the people Asa touched. Asa did not want to die. It is a shame Asa has to be defended in court from the many changing stories that were told about the day he died. The trial date is still so far away.

      Kathy
    • SF Bay View
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
        Bless you, Kathy. You and Asa are very often in my thoughts and prayers. I enjoy hearing more about his life and character and his loving relationship with his mom. And, Kathy, your ready support for other survivors of police atrocities is very inspiring.

        Mary Ratcliff
        SF Bay View
      • marlon crump
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
          Hi Kathleen!

          I hope and pray that your family finds the justice it so deserves. We both know just how grotesque, disgusting, and inhumane the "justice system" really is. In either case, Asa's spirit dwells above and shines down on all of us down below.

          Much love, and stay strong as possible.

          Marlon.