Fw: interviews related to Law Enforcement Related Deaths, contact Peter Philiips

  • Kathleen Espinosa
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009

      --- On Wed, 4/1/09, Iolmisha@... <Iolmisha@...> wrote:

      From: Iolmisha@... <Iolmisha@...>
      Subject: interviews related to Law Enforcement Related Deaths, contact Peter Philiips
      To: isf23@yahoogroups.com, SPAAMI@yahoogroups.com, efapo@yahoogroups.com, National_Famle@yahoogroups.com, E_SUCKS@yahoogroups.com, kespinosa1@..., "Daniel Garcia" <stickx2313@...>, .editor@...
      Cc: Justice4Oscar_Grant@yahoogroups.com, Justice4jody@yahoogroups.com, dbwall@..., junya@..., Justice4gus@..., Justice4BigO@yahoogroups.com, Remember_Lovell_Mixon@yahoogroups.com, Justice4CasperBanjo@yahoogroups.com, phillipp@...
      Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 9:07 PM

      Subj: Families and close friends still needed for interviews related to Law Enforcement Related Deaths
      Date: 4/1/2009 2:43:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time
      From:    phillipp@... (Peter Phillips)
      To:    iolmisha@... (ISARC)

      Dear Social Justice Network People,

      Project Censored at Sonoma State University (SSU) and Media Freedom Foundation are conducting a study on the commonalities of law enforcement related deaths in the San Francisco Bay Area. At this point we have ten families who have volunteered to be interviewed and we are seeking a dozen more families or close friends to interview. We are looking for families or close friends of  of people who died in a law enforcement related incident within the past 15 years. Students from the Spring 2009 SSU Investigative Sociology class will be conducting confidential one-hour interviews with family members in April. The purpose of the study is to evaluate support programs for families who have experienced such a tragedy, and the lowering of the overall number of law enforcement related deaths.

      SSU professors supervising the study include:
      Peter Phillips, Sociology Department, and Tryon Woods and Diana Grant in the Criminal Justice Department.

      To arrange a confidential interview or refer a family for contact call or
      e-mail, Peter Phillips: peter.phillips@...

      office: 707-664-2588, cell: 707-486-3540