Re: [Justice4Asa] 2 year memorial of Asa's Death

  • SF Bay View
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 2008
      Kathy, you teach me so much about the essence of motherhood. I love Kahlil's message too. What a wonderful family you have mothered! What a hideous crime to have Asa taken from you so senselessly and cruelly! Please know you are loved and that your mother's love inspires the fight against police brutality and that we won't quit fighting until victory is won.

      Mary
      SF Bay View

      kespinosa1 wrote:

      Good Evening,

      Tomorrow, June 6th, 2008 will be the two year marker of Asa's death.

      I have decided (as I mentioned in the last post) to have time alone on
      this day to morn the loss of Asa. Asa was part of a unit of my beloved
      children. It is hard to have him gone.

      Some friends and family have made t-shirts and sweatshirts with Asa's
      photo on them in the past. I was thinking that if anyone does have a
      shirt with Asa's photo or Justice4Asa on it, that tomorrow would be a
      good day to wear it. I will be wearing black tomorrow afternoon. The
      only t-shirt I have with Asa's photo on it was given to me and it is
      faded from washing. It is going to be put into a frame for my wall in
      the future.

      We thank everyone for all the support our family has received over the
      past two years. Asa was only 25 when he was killed. He had a full life
      ahead of him. I think of him and I see his smiling face; his heart "on
      his sleeve" and the best intentions to help people in the world on his
      mind. Of course if he was not joking around, he was not being himself.

      The world has lost a man whom I know would have done great things in his
      life; especially with those who loved and knew him best. He was a loving
      father, brother, uncle and cousin. Some of his cousins were never able
      to meet him.

      I am proud to say I would have Asa live with me again (in a quick
      second) because he had earned my respect by changing his charater and
      staying on a good path. It was an honor and a pleasure to have him with
      me and I am thankful for the times we did have.

      With love and missing him much,

      Kathy and Family

      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.6/1485 - Release Date: 6/5/2008 10:07 AM