My Brother

  • kahlil_sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2008
      Tonight, between the hours of 9-11 p.m., marks two years of my
      brother's murder by the San Francisco Police Department and the lies
      and cover up that followed. Today, we still do not have the answers
      of what transpired that night. The public has not been given a change
      in police policy, tactics and procedures that would stop anyone from
      being murdered by vicious and unsympathetic public servants. And yet
      we all continue to endure with our day to day lives: waiting,
      listening and being cautious while mourning, as we remember our
      family members. Today, I think of my brother and all of the families
      who remember loved ones and ask everyone to say a prayer, meditate,
      or keep a thought of life and peace as we reflect about their time
      here with us. Please do not digress in this struggle for the truth
      and justice for those we have lost. We will have Justice for Asa,
      Oliver, Idriss and the mounting others who have fallen, or will
      continue to fall, in the hands of a flawed system by those who
      believe in it. Accountability is a word that should be adopted and
      practiced by everyone, to make a real difference in our communities
      to save lives. We cannot see behind closed doors or minds but the
      truth shines through lies and tonight I look to stars and remember my
      brother.

      In peace,

      Kahlil
    • marlon crump
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2008

        Hi Kahil!

        I can imagine how extremely difficult it has been for your family since that terrible day. I pray that you and your family get justice somewhere down the line, despite this criminally injust "just us" sysytem. In the article written by Carol Harvey following Asa's death, I meant what I said that "I could've been Asa." To this day, many people know that what happened to Asa should not have happened.

        My prayers and love to you all.

        Marlon Crump.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2008
          Kahlil,

          You words are well written and from your heart. I am proud you are my
          son. Asa would be proud of you too and I know he is. Your surviving
          siblings have a strong brother. I know with all your heart you will
          be there for them as you have always been.

          I love you very much.

          Mom

          --- In Justice4Asa@yahoogroups.com, "kahlil_sullivan"