Reminder: Tomorrow's one year memorial of Asa's death

  • kespinosa1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      Hello,

      I wanted to remind everone to please take a moment on June 6Th to
      remember Asa's spirit.

      Asa loved to make people laugh a lot. He had high hopes for his
      future and was on the right road to making his life better for
      himself and his family.

      I will put flowers from our family tomorrow by "the" tree at 2
      Garces Drive, San Francisco. Other family and friends will too. The
      tree is in front of the apartment where Asa was killed at the
      Parkmerced Apt. complex (as many of you already know).

      I know some people have to work and/or have children to attend to
      tomorrow, Wednesday. It's Ok to stop by the memorial on your own
      time as well as this week-end. The parking area very near the actual
      address is well used. I expect we will come in small groups and at
      different times. Please mapquest if you have never been there.

      I had someone leave a message with the president of the Parkmerced
      Apt. Neighborhood Association about our one year memorial. The
      Association has been very good at keeping an eye on the things we
      have left there before. We have had a good relationship with them
      since Asa's death. Please be respectful of the people who are living
      there.

      I think it's a good idea to take snapshots of the tree area if you
      are able. I'd like us to be able to share photos on our website. We
      know the tree at 2 Garces is not a perminate memorial spot for Asa,
      and as such, our items will not stay there forever. I'd love to have
      a perminate memorial spot for Asa in the Bay Area (let me know if
      anyone has any suggestions).

      Also, for those who are out of town or unable to go to Asa's one
      year memorial this June 6th, you are welcome to express yourself on
      this website. I know there are many who feel strongly about how Asa
      died. I'd love to hear about the good times with him as well. This
      website is a place to safely express yourself, anytime.

      One last thing, there are flowers being placed tomorrow at
      Asa's actual grave. I know he has, and will, get all the love we are
      sending him.

      Thanks everyone for your continued support,

      Asa's mom and family
    • marlon crump
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2007
        Hello from Marlon Crump,

        My deepest sympathies and apologies, for not remembering Asa's anniversary, Kathleen. I can't come to the vigil, as I may be at another event. Something happened in my place today, and I'm really shook up about it. I will send a card to Mesha, to give to you, ok?

        I wrote a poem of "Great Women of Historical Resistance and Powerful Persistance" released from POOR Magazine. I will send it to you, once my mind is cleared, ok?

        All my love,

        Marlon.

        kespinosa1 <kespinosa1@...> wrote:
[...]

        Building a website is a piece of cake.