Update on Officer-Involved Shooting (OIS) Case Nos. 06-006, 06-007, 06-007, 07-001 per Department General Order 8.11, Rule II.I.1(a)
SAN FRANCISCO POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2007
CITY HALL, ROOM 400
#1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, California
1. Public Comment on all matters pertaining to Closed Session.
2. Vote on whether to hold Closed Session. (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10) (ACTION ITEM)
3. Closed Session
a. Pursuant to Government Code section 54956.9(b) and San Francisco Administrative Code section 67.10(d):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL: Anticipated litigation:
Speilbauer v. County of Santa Clara (2007) 146 cal.App.4th914 (DISCUSSION ONLY)
b. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957.6 and San Francisco Administrative Code section 67.10(e):
LABOR NEGOTIATIONS: Consultation with the City=s Labor Negotiation Team: Status of MOU negotiations with the San Francisco Police Officers Association (DISCUSSION ONLY)
c. Pursuant to Government Code section 54957 and San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.10(b) and Penal Code Section 832.7:
PERSONNEL EXCEPTION: Request for back-pay of suspension dates in Disciplinary Case No. C03-347 JWA (ACTION ITEM)
Pledge of Allegiance; Roll Call,
4. Vote to elect whether to disclose any or all discussion held in closed session (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 67.12(a)) (ACTION ITEM)
5. Approval of the Consent Calendar (ACTION ITEM):
a. Request of Sergeant Frank A. Palma, FOB, for approval to accept tickets, valued at approximately $370.00, from Major League Baseball to attend events to observe on behalf of the Police Department in his role as a planner for the 2007 All Star Game.
b. Request of Commander Stephen Tacchini, FOB, for approval to accept tickets, valued at $370.00, from Major League Baseball to attend events to observe on behalf of the Police Department in his role as a planner for the 2007 All Star Game.
c. Request of Captain Denis O=Leary, Southern, for approval to accept the following gifts from Major League Baseball, in order to prepare for the 2007 All Star Game in San Francisco:
- Airfare from San Francisco to Pittsburgh, PA (valued at $408.90)
- Lodging at the Pittsburgh, PA Hilton Hotel (valued at $876.00)
- Tickets for All-Star Sunday, All-Star Workout Day, and All-Star Game (valued $370.00)
6. Public Comment
(Members of the public may address the Police Commission for up to three minutes on items that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission but do not appear on the agenda. Speakers shall address their remarks to the Commission as a whole and not to individual Commissioners or Department personnel. Under Police Commission Rules of Order, during Public Comment, Commissioners are not to enter into debate or discussion with speakers.)
7. Chief=s Report
a. Update on significant policing efforts by Department members
b. Update on Officer-Involved Shooting (OIS) Case Nos. 06-006, 06-007, 06-007, 07-001 per Department General Order 8.11, Rule II.I.1(a)
8. OCC Director=s Report (DISCUSSION ONLY)
a. Review of Recent Activities
9. Report and discussion on procedures implementing the use of Hearing Officers for Commission disciplinary cases (DISCUSSION ONLY)
10. Approval of the minutes for the meeting of March 7, 2007 (ACTION ITEM)
11. Commission Announcements (DISCUSSION ONLY)
12. Scheduling of items identified for consideration at future Commission meetings (DISCUSSION ONLY)
*** SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR POLICE COMMISSION AGENDA ITEMS THAT ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT THE POLICE COMMISSION OFFICE, THOMAS J. CAHILL HALL OF JUSTICE, 850 BRYANT STREET, ROOM 505, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. (415) 553-1667
PLEASE NOTE: The Police Commission will be holding a Special Meeting this month at a location other than City Hall.
1. The Commission will hold its Community Meeting at the Ingleside District, Visitacion Valley Elementary School, 450 Raymond Street, San Francisco, at 6:00 p.m., on Wednesday, April 25, 2007, to hear comments from the public and Ingleside Station Captain Paul Chignell concerning public protections issues in the Ingleside District.