Gandy Dancer Trail in WI

  • Lyle Bosacker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      It was too nice a day not to ride yesterday so we decided to try a new trail.  The Gandy Dancer
      Trail goes from St. Croix Falls to Danbury, one of the longer trails in Wisconsin at 47 miles.  We
      started at the south end near St. Croix Falls in the KFC parking lot... BIG mistake!  The first half
      mile climbs up a very steep hill from the river valley before connecting to the old rail bed... this
      was only time we ever got off the bike to push it in 15 years riding our JTB.  The next two miles
      are also up hill but not that bad.

      If anyone from the Twin Cities area is contemplating riding this trail, we highly recommend
      starting at the 210th street crossing or in Centuria.  We will definitely ride this trail again
      because it is very shady, quiet, and scenic.

      Ride often & ride safe.

      Lyle & Nancy Bosacker