  • Windows, Palestinian-Israeli Friendship
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      Dear Friends,

      We are getting ready again to sell olive oil. We will be able to deliver only pre-ordered and paid oil.  If you are interested in buying, please contact us.

      There is place for 2 more students in the Arabic course opened last week. Please call for details.

      The full program of January-February will be out in a few days. The coming events are:

      Wednesday 2.01   20:00

      Book Club: discussing “Why have you left the horse alone”  poems by  Mahmoud Darwish, translated to Hebrew by Mohamad H. Ghanayim who will read the poem discussed.

      Discussion led by Dorit Gotsfeld.   Photocopies of the poems will be available.

      Cost:15 NIS

      Monday 7.01,    20:00

      The "other" in the Arabic Literature in Israel

      Nabih Al-Qasem, writer and literary critic.

      The image of the Jew, the "other", in the Israeli-Arab literature and the changes it under went from the 50s until the 90s. With examples from the works of Mahmoud Darwish, Samih Al-Qasem, Mohamad Ali Taha, Emil Habibi and others.

       Cost: 20 NIS

      ***********************************

       Wednesday 9.02    20:00

      Open debateI protest, therefore I exist?

      On the place, role, impact and limits of personal and public protest in times of crisis.

      With  the participation of representatives from "Yesh Gvul", "Peace Now", Palestinian organizations and others.

       Cost: 15 NIS

      May we have a better year!

      Windows, Palestinian-Israeli Friendship Center
      35 Trumpeldor Street, Tel Aviv
      P.O. Box 56096, Tel Aviv 61560
      Tel: 03-620-8324   Fax: 03-629-2570
      www.win-peace.org   winpeace@...