RE: [JustPeaceUK] Now a Jewish Chronicle poll on JfJfP!

  • Deborah Maccoby
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      I think next week's question for voting should be: "Has the JC gone completely round the bend?"

      Deborah

      To: justpeaceuk@yahoogroups.com
      From: richard@...
      Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:03:28 +0100
      Subject: [JustPeaceUK] Now a Jewish Chronicle poll on JfJfP!

      Are Jews for Justice for Palestinians a threat to Israel?
      Results currently running at

      Yes 51% (52 votes)

      No 49% (49 votes)

      You can cast your vote at http://www.thejc.com/

      Richard

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
        Interesting question - depends how you interpret 'threat to Israel'. We
        assume it refers to the state of Israel - may seem obvious but many jump
        to the assumption any statement made about the state of Israel refers to
        the Jewish citizens of Israel. Does it mean the reality of the state of
        Israel as the racist state that is involved in the continuing ethnic
        cleansing of the Palestinian people, taking place in the Occupied
        Territories and inside Israel itself? I would hope this racist state of
        Israel is challenged and that we do mean to threaten its continued
        existence, for all our sakes.

        > To: justpeaceuk@yahoogroups.com
        > From: richard@...
        > Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:03:28 +0100
        > Subject: [JustPeaceUK] Now a Jewish Chronicle poll on JfJfP!
        >

        > Are Jews for Justice for Palestinians a threat to Israel?
        > Results currently running at
        >
        > Yes 51% (52 votes)
        >
        > No 49% (49 votes)
        >
        > You can cast your vote at http://www.thejc.com/