[Fwd: Inquiry from the Swedish Television]

  • Claire_NfP
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      Anyone interested in getting in touch with her?

      Claire
      Network for Peace

      Subject: Inquiry from the Swedish Television
      From: Eva Renström <eva.renstrom@...>
      Date: Fri, January 30, 2009 2:38 pm
      To: mail@...

      Dear Peace-worker,

      My name is Eva Renstrom and I´m working as a journalist at the Swedish
      Television; the public service company in Sweden, with a program called
      Existens; Existence. It´s a secular program about religion and society,
      and our assignment is to describe what happens when these two meets and
      collides.

      Now we are planning to do a program about the escalated
      Israeli/Palestinian conflict, and what happens with the manifestation of
      the religions; Islam and Judaism, in the current situation.

      Our focus will be Islam, but we intend to discuss growing radicalism and
      intolerance among the Jewish population as well. Here in Sweden, we see
      moderate movements in this direction. But since everything in Sweden is
      more or less moderate in comparison, we suspect that the effect is
      enhanced in the rest of Europe as well as in the Middle East. We want to
      know more about the risk of increased radicalism and extremism, about
      where this situation can take us. We want to know more about if and how
      the religious manifestation will change.

      Now I´m looking for someone to talk to; who can analyze the situation,
      especially when it comes to the situation among Jews. I´ve read about you
      on the web site, and I thought that you maybe can help me! I´m grateful
      for your help!

      Best wishes, and a nice weekend to you!
      EVA RENSTROM

      EVA RENSTROM
      Reporter SVT Existens

      +46 708 35 85 36
      eva.renstrom@...
      http://svt.se/existens

    • Dan Judelson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        I'll put her onto the Swedish EJJP group who - despite what might be
        more moderate in Sweden, are extremely well placed to talk about this.

        Dan