Fw: How and why the BBC is not impartial

  • Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      Dear All,
      In case you have not seen this elsewhere, Alan Hart has offered for circulation the text of his�address to the Society of Human Rights Lawyers�on Wednesday evening on the subject of No Law, No Peace. I found it illuminating.
      Naomi

      He added the following extra thoughts to the attached document:

      That was to have been the end of my talk but I can�t shut up without a comment on the BBC�s refusal to give air-time to the Disaster and Emergency Committee�s Gaza appeal. I think the explanation given by Director General Mark Thompson is proof, repeat proof, that he and some if not all of his senior management colleagues are frightened, no terrified, of offending the Zionist lobby. The DG actually said in his interview with John Humphrys that he was concerned that the corporation would be accused of taking sides - i.e. with Hamas and the Palestinians - if it transmitted the Gaza appeal. Question: WHO would have accused the BBC of taking sides? There is only one answer. Give or take a very few others, only supporters of Israel right or wrong as organised and directed by the Zionist lobby here in the UK and no doubt America, too... I think the BBC of Mark Thompson�s leadership should be renamed - ZBC and I don�t have to tell you what Z stands
      for. There are some fine reporters and other BBC production people who are as disgusted as I am, but they can�t speak out because they have mortgages to pay and children to educate.