General Rapp cancelled meeting last night...

  • Deborah Fink
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009
      The demo was successful and resulted in Rapp not showing up for the meeting,
      (which I think 20 people attended). We were eventually dispersed by police,
      getting off on their usual shoving.

      Prior to this, one protester -with climbing skills - scaled the outside of
      the building and got onto the ledge outside the windows to the meeting. The
      police were freaked by this as they were unable to reach him. When the demo
      was dispersing he climbed down and was apparently arrested after a scuffle
      and a second arrest. I will be going to police complaints about one officer
      who shoved me - never mind that I could have fallen over and got crushed. He
      was so cocky that he willingly let me take a photo of him and get his police
      number.

      There were a few of us there from jfjfp etc, so it was a pity that there
      were no placards or banners as the Jews inside assumed we weren┬╣t Jewish.