Re: [JustPeaceUK] Appeal from peace activist detained at BG airport

  • diana
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      The issue is now academic. The peace activists tried their best to prevent deportation and certainly one did say he would be disobedient on the plane which meant that he was jailed but the authorities still deported them. I do believe though that we need to write to the relevant Israeli authorities questioning their rationale. They are so used to getting their own way on everything that it may just have an impact. The blogspot you need is
      http://celebratingnv.blogspot.com/ This is the conference blogspot and an important resource for those who want to know the score.
      I spent one day at the conference and one day in Be'lin during my 5 days away. Lots to report but I shall try to get my head round things and consult my notes before entering cyberspace with my thoughts. Just a point that may help anyone writing to the Israeli authorities: Remind them that around the newly minted and very permanent Bethlehem checkpoint they have a number of signs some of which say 'Israel welcomes visitors to Bethlehem' and in the cattle pen that is the permanent checkpoint they also have a poster saying ' Have faith in Israel'. And another one just saying 'peace'. And perhaps ask them how this squares with their behaviour.