Re: [JustPeaceUK] Re: JC: Labour peer hosts anti-Jewish speaker at the House of Lords

  • Stephen Marks
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 10, 2005
      I think the approach should come from a broad range of people, so Shamir
      cannot muddy the waters by claiming it is 'the jews' who are after him. The
      fact is that the zionists have been 'crying wolf' over antisemitism for so
      long that some people who have not read his material will be vulnerable to
      the argument that attacks on him are simply a reprise of the old zionist
      chorus.

      stephen marks

      > From: orna neumann <ornaneumann@...>
      > Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:37:04 +0100 (BST)
      > To: JustPeaceUK@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [JustPeaceUK] Re: JC: Labour peer hosts anti-Jewish speaker at
      > the House of Lords
      >

      > Roland I see no difference between progressive political objective and
      > denunciation of hatered campaigns of any kind.
      >
      > I think the more important thing is to find someone, who is willing to write
      > to Affif, to the Arab Media Watch and to the PSC. Would you like to do that?
      > or else as usual it will fall on Deborah?!
      >
      > Or may Richard would be willing to write on behalf of JFJP?
      > Thanks Orna
      > Roland Rance <lists@...> wrote:
      >
      > The point about Shamir is not only that he is anti-Jewish (which he is); but
      > that he is positively harmful to the Palestinian sttruggle, and to any
      > aspiration for coexistence in the Middle East. His "solution" appears to be
      > an alliance between Palestinians and fascism, to bring about a conversion of
      > the Israeli Jews to Christianity. And no, I'm not making this up or
      > exaggerating; it's there explicitly in his writings.
      >
      > So we should not ask people like Afif and PSC to denounce Shamir because of
      > his anti-Jewish rantings; we should insist that they join us in rejecting
      > his whole approach as an obstacle to any progressive political strategy.
      >
      > Roland
      >

      > If you wish to join the group that plan and design our events/activites you
      > are more than welcome to join Just Peace active (a sub-group for those who
      > carry out the actual work). To do so please apply initially to
      > justpeaceuk@....
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > If you wish to join the group that plan and design our events/activites you
      > are more than welcome to join Just Peace active (a sub-group for those who
      > carry out the actual work). To do so please apply initially to
      > justpeaceuk@....
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Roland Rance
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 10, 2005
        I think that, given Shamir's attack on me as "a foremost agent of Judaic
        influence", I might not be thre best person to send such a letter; it would
        sound too much like a personal grievance. I will, of course, be happy to
        endorse and sign a collective statement.

        Roland