Re: Rufus Sewell IS Marc!

  • clarissafarrington@bigpond.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 7, 2001
      I too must admit I have always thought of Denis as the John Denver
      type.

      Russell was good in the Insider - he put on about 30 kilos and "got
      old" for the job. He does that type of thing. I do not think he is
      Denis though - he is too "thug like' to play a towering genius.

      Good aussie body on him though!

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "bob" <pallol@b...> wrote:
      > Okay now hear me out, this isn't Friday afternoon talking - nor
      have I been supping the Toilet Duck for a beverage just because the
      coffee machine is broken.

      > But while we're on the subject of Gladiator stars as actors in our
      fabled movie...

      > My abiding impression of Denis is as a John Denver look-a-like.
      (I'm sure Rogi remarks on it on a couple of occasions. Now the other
      day, I was channel flicking - as a male I am genetically unable to
      stop myself doing this - and came across a film named 'Insider'
      starring Al Pacino. On screen was this blonde guy wearing glasses
      that I just thought, 'Stone me, that there is Denis as I live and
      breathe.' or words to that effect. It took me several seconds more to
      realise that this was in fact...

      > Russell Crowe.
      >
      > Now before you start calling me names and asking after the
      availability of my local psychiatrist, I've found a B&W publicity
      photo and if you go to:

      > http://www.pallol.com/denis.jpg
      >
      > You can see for yourself. Unfortunately his glasses are dark in the
      picture, but I suspect Fury would wear shades anyway. *grin*

      > Bob

      Service.
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7, 2001
        Don't forget though that all of Denis' relos ARE thugs. Except Rogi, though
        he does display the odd violent tendencies.

        on 8/10/01 1:20 PM, clarissafarrington@... at

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 7, 2001
          True - Denis is a bit of a physical throughback isn't he.!!

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 7, 2001
            Clarissa wrote:
            > True - Denis is a bit of a physical throughback isn't he.!!

            Can't quite remember but is the slim blond the Faberge heritage from Sunny?
            Obviously the black curly haired brutes show the true remillard logging
            style.

            Leda
          • clarissafarrington@bigpond.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 10, 2001
              You are right.

              I think it is discussed in Intervention - and the point is made that
              Victor resembled Don physically which made their bond stronger.

              Cheers