Re: Aussie stuff

  • clarissafarrington@bigpond.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi

      Have been off for a while with a few family dramas I will not bore
      you with and some computer probs!

      What Leda says is true! I am from NSW by birth but married a
      Victorian and had to move "south of the border". I keep telling Rob
      (husband) that our son is a half breed!

      I actually said to him that when Dylan was due I wanted to drive to
      Albury (on NSW-Vic border) so Dylan was born in NSW. I think for
      awhile he believed me!

      Cheers

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "bob" <pallol@b...> wrote:
      > Shirism? What's that then?
      >
      > We have our own splits in society it's true - hell most cities
      never mind regions are insular here. This is a very weird country at
      times, especially when you consider the physical size of the island,
      we could after all be sunk in some of the lakes in the US. An Island
      mentality, oh yes quite certainly, but it goes beyond that London in
      particular can be very blinkered when looking at the rest of the
      country. (Sorry Makr, I know how you feel about the city, I feel the
      same about New York) but that might just be the way all Nations
      Capital Cities are.

      > I always wondered why we as a nation came out so well in JM's
      books, especially the Scots. I sometimes feel that if unity was to
      happen, the UK might be the last stronghold of the rebels. *grin*

      > Bob

      VIC and
      > NSW will join forces against the others, they will also turn on
      each other
      > quite viciously. Moving from Sydney TO Canberra is not a good
      indicator (I
      > moved from south of Canberra ever closer to the city, that's very
      good taste
      > I feel!). Ha ha, you guys must have your own Shirism or whatever!
      >
      > Leda

      Service.