d-jumping, subsumtion, and Darkover

  • robert brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2000
      Thought I'd start a new message the others are getting quite large.
      Maybe Felice learned how to D-Jump when her and Elizabeth were talking to
      Brede (the shipspouse). The Ship knew how to D-Jump so I gues that makes 4
      who could d-jump. I wonder what Elizabeth and Marc did when they went to
      Duat? Did Marc die at the end of Magnificat? I thought he only hinted at
      it to Rogi. My favorite part of the book is when Rogi is talking to Cloud
      and Hagen, and then old daddy the Lymlik shows up...what a trip.

      Someone asked how Aiken subsumed Mercy and Nodonn, it sounds just like what
      the Hydra and Fury did to their victims. Hydra grew stronger after each
      kill, and so did Aiken (allthough it almost killed him so maybe he didn't do
      it right). But he could've rummaged around in Elizabeth's mind, and found
      out how to do it. Since subsumtion is a take on redaction, she'd almost
      certainly know about it, at least in theory.

      And finally darkover. I read a lot of the Darkover books (even read
      Thendarra House, snore!), but stopped reading them after I read Exile's Song
      (one of the newer ones). The plot is exactly the same these days, it's
      always the same book and the same issues in the books. I wish MZB would get
      to the point with that series. The darkover world is cool and all, but the
      chars are getting too predictable.

      Rob