Perseus Spur books

  • Dee McKinney
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2001
      Hi all,

      I finally got all 3 of the Perseus Spur books. And I'm
      having a devil of a time getting into the first one. I
      *absolutely* expected it to be different than the Milieu
      stuff, but I didn't expect it to be boring. Do they get
      better? I'll stick it out since it's JM, but...

      dee
    • bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2001
        Try reading it with your tongue stuck firmly in your cheek... after all a Seatoad crushing the heroes house in the first chapter does have comic possibilities.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2001
          They are not as "in depth" as the Milieu series and are more of a
          "boys own adventure" comic book type thing. There are very interesting
          subtlties that are played with. Dark overtones and a bit of a moralist
          stance on the dangers of big business.

          All in all I rather enjoyed them for what they were. More Judge Dredd
          (the comic book, not the film) than the Milieu series. A rather fun
          romp that touches on some of the baser aspects of the choices we are
          soon to be faced with as a society.

          I really rather enjoyed them

          regards,
          Ian

          On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:30:31 -0400, you wrote:

          >Hi all,
          >
          >I finally got all 3 of the Perseus Spur books. And I'm
          >having a devil of a time getting into the first one. I
          >*absolutely* expected it to be different than the Milieu
          >stuff, but I didn't expect it to be boring. Do they get
          >better? I'll stick it out since it's JM, but...
          >
          >dee

          ---
          "
          ... why bother? Here's my answer:
          Many people need desperately to receive this message:

          'I feel and think much as you do,
          care about many of the things you care about,
          although most people don't care about them.

          You are not alone.'

          "
          -Kurt Vonnegut from "Timequake", about creative writing.