Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Official site side issue and an option...

  • bob
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 15, 2001
      I'm going to be nowhere near a computer towards the end of next week, but for the record...

      I love the name Eloquent Page!

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 15, 2001
        The Eloquent Page is a great name, where better to have JMS universe
        centralised than in the best book shop in the galactic milieu. (I did
        a quick search and there's a bookshop in Vermont USA by the same name)

        Some other options though

        Castle Gateway
        L'Auberge du Portail (now this I like)
        Hidden Springs (maybe not)

        And there are many more...

        FYI Leda your 11 hours ahead of me

        Niall

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "bob" <pallol@b...> wrote:
        > I'm going to be nowhere near a computer towards the end of next
        week, but for the record...

        > I love the name Eloquent Page!

        Service.
      • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 16, 2001
          Hi,

          > Yes, I really do too, but I just came across another good idea someone
          > called Moggy has extracted from the book; there is a discussion board
          > at ezboard called the Eloquent Page. I like that a lot. I have added
          > the link to the bookmarks section for those interested.

          Hmm, 'Eloquent Page' does sound good. To alter a quote from 'Babylon 5' - "Sooner or later, everyone comes to The Eloquent Page". I had a look at the discussion board, it looks good (love the smiley faces!).

          > > It would be great to have an online chat, (Here
          > > in New Zealand I'm about two hours ahead of Sydney).
          >
          > I'm happy to fit in with others if we get a time set for the end of
          > next week maybe?

          As I'm currently battling a flu/cold that I woke up with on Saturday (thinks gloomily of having to take Disprin to keep me going, ghastly stuff!) I may not be able to have a late night Chat this week; I'm guessing it would be late at night to accommodate the members who live up North in a different time zone...

        • mc27051980@yahoo.co.uk
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 18, 2001
            Wow im glad you like my site! I am Moggy at some sites, Mogggy at
            some others and mc27051980 at some others! Gets a little
            confusing........... ;)

            Leda left a link and some information at my board so I thought id
            check this place out. I have searched the web for Julian May stuff
            before but never seem to find anything decent! This place is a
            suprise! :)

            Anyway ill carry on looking around!

            --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "Leticia Anderson" <leda_au@y...>

          • nicolel@iconz.co.nz
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 18, 2001
              Hi Moggy,

              Welcome and have fun looking around!

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 22, 2001
                --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., mc27051980@y... wrote:
                > Wow im glad you like my site! I am Moggy at some sites, Mogggy at
                > some others and mc27051980 at some others! Gets a little
                > confusing........... ;)

                Hey Moggy,
                Welcome to the list, hope you find the list and its resources helpful
                (and enjoyable!).

                Hello to the other new members this week! Feel free to start new
                threads or reply to old ones with something new.
                The list has been moderately quiet lately in terms of discussion on
                aspects of the novel but has been pretty 'project' active if that
                makes sense.
                Pallol-Bob has been busy populating his site (dedicated to
                May-inspired art) with pics, along with some help.... ;-)

                Other projects are....

                - setting up a webring for Julian May sites (still waiting on
                permission from site owners to include their sites...on this list so
                far as I know the only ones with May sites are Moggy, Bob, Ron,
                Stewart)
                - approaching JMs publishers about getting advance notice of
                publications and possibly getting support for an official website (I
                still haven't finished my letter, did anyone else have feedback on it?
                Andrew, do you think JM would look askance at us approaching her
                publishers rather than her direct on such issues?)
                - setting up a chat room time in the next month (need feedback from
                all of you to see when could be a good time).

                Leda
                (if I have guessed right Moggy, that would be ak
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 22, 2001
                  --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., niallperry@y... wrote:
                  > L'Auberge du Portail (now this I like)

                  I love that one too Niall, but as a web address it isn't much good, as
                  it's a tricky one to spell!

                  Led
                • Andrew MacDonald
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 23, 2001

                    Hi All,
                    I really doubt that JM would mind if you asked her
                     about an official page directly. I expect she enjoys fan mail as she did ask me to promote her address.I'm going to burn a CD of the sites that I know of and send it to her to see what she thinks. If that doesn't get her enthused, I don't know what will. I'm pretty impressed with Pallol's skull actually.... Onya Bob!!!. I have to go hunting for your site again now as I just did the six monthly reformat ahead of time, thanks to windows and it's suboperant self redaction....

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 25, 2001
                      --- In Julian-May-discuss@y..., "Andrew MacDonald" <admacdo@h...>
                      wrote:
                      > Hi All, I really doubt that JM would mind if you asked her  about an
                      > official page directly. I expect she enjoys fan mail as she did ask
                      > me to promote her address.

                      I've been meaning to send her a letter for years, I'm such a
                      procrastinator!
                      BTW I put JMs address in the database section for easy reference
                      (though I have noticed the search function on the archives here works
                      pretty well).

                      > I'm going to burn a CD of the sites that I know of and send it to
                      >her to see what she thinks. If that doesn't get her enthused, I don't
                      >know what will.

                      I think everyone would love to hear some feedback from her - let us
                      know what she thin