Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: official website letter

  • bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2001
      A couple of grammatical and phraseology changes spring to mind, but
      otherwise that works for me. I'd suggest:

      Dear Sir/Madam,

      I am writing to you regarding your client Ms Julian May. Ms May, as a
      well-respected author in the Science Fiction writing world, has attracted a
      large, dedicated fan base around the world. I represent the interests of one
      such unofficial group based on the Internet.
      Over the past few years the presence of Julian May fans on the Internet has
      intensified and there are currently a number of websites and online lists
      dedicated to her work. However, since Ms May herself does not have a
      presence on the Internet there is a definite lack of official information
      available on her and her work.

      I would like to discuss with you the possibility of obtaining advance
      information about upcoming work by Ms May, release dates, reprint dates and
      appearance dates for Ms May herself. Which we as group would then publish
      directly on the Internet in a single site to make this information more
      easily accessible to her fans and potential fans.
      At some point in the future if our communication developed in that direction
      we would also like to discuss with you and/or Ms May the possibility of
      obtaining sanction to develop an official website for Ms May's published
      works and history, similar to that currently enjoyed many other authors. I
      believe that such a site would be an invaluable method of communication and
      meeting point for all people who have experienced enjoyment from reading Ms
      May's works.

      I look forward to hearing from you,
      Leticia Anderson
      Grand Poobah of the Yahoo, Julian May Discussion List