RE: Re: The Intervention began yesterday.

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23 10:03 PM

      I know I would like to have a (safe) self-driving Ferrari. :)

      One bit of technology I would like to see is the inflatable cabin in 'Many Coloured Land' that Amerie and Felice set up.

      "Try my cabin-pak." Felice held out a wad about the size of a sandwich. "I can't believe it'll grow into a four-by-four house."

      I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

      High Thoughts,

      - Mod Mom #2

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

      We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

      We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

      The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

    • Stephen Nicholson
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 24 3:48 AM
        Hi there all,

        it's funny that a few years back a friend of mine was contemplating buying a Maine Coon cat here in Australia  - a rare breed downunder.

        I quickly reminded him that such cats are highly telepathic and would mentally hassle him for treats all the time.

        He looked at me quizzically until I reminded him of Julian May's work (some of which he remembered...) and explained the reference.

        I don't think he ever bought that Maine Coon cat after my warning ;-)

        I'm sure that Uncle Rogi's Marcel would have had his own popular YouTube channel by now.

        We just got a new dodgy government here in Australia. I would welcome our new Simbari overlords at this time.

        Cheers all ...

        -- Stephen (Wollongong, Australia)

        I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

        High Thoughts,

        - Mod Mom #2

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

        We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

        We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

        The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

      • checkboard1