Re: The Intervention began yesterday.

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
      Awesome! ^_^

      - Mod Mom #2

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Andrew McConnell <mcconnell.as@...> wrote:

      > The date for the intervention and the beginning of the Simbrari proctorship was Saturday 21st of September, 2013 … I was (co-incidentally) re-reading the intervention yesterday.

    • A McConnell
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
        It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

        We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

        We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

        The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013

          I know I would like to have a (safe) self-driving Ferrari. :)

          One bit of technology I would like to see is the inflatable cabin in 'Many Coloured Land' that Amerie and Felice set up.

          "Try my cabin-pak." Felice held out a wad about the size of a sandwich. "I can't believe it'll grow into a four-by-four house."

          I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

          High Thoughts,

          - Mod Mom #2

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

          We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

          We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

          The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

        • Stephen Nicholson
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013
            Hi there all,

            it's funny that a few years back a friend of mine was contemplating buying a Maine Coon cat here in Australia  - a rare breed downunder.

            I quickly reminded him that such cats are highly telepathic and would mentally hassle him for treats all the time.

            He looked at me quizzically until I reminded him of Julian May's work (some of which he remembered...) and explained the reference.

            I don't think he ever bought that Maine Coon cat after my warning ;-)

            I'm sure that Uncle Rogi's Marcel would have had his own popular YouTube channel by now.

            We just got a new dodgy government here in Australia. I would welcome our new Simbari overlords at this time.

            Cheers all ...

            -- Stephen (Wollongong, Australia)

            I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

            High Thoughts,

            - Mod Mom #2

            --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

            We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

            We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

            The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

          • checkboard1