The Intervention began yesterday.

  • Andrew McConnell
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2013
      The date for the intervention and the beginning of the Simbrari proctorship was Saturday 21st of September, 2013 … I was (co-incidentally) re-reading the intervention yesterday.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
        Awesome! ^_^

        - Mod Mom #2

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Andrew McConnell <mcconnell.as@...> wrote:

        > The date for the intervention and the beginning of the Simbrari proctorship was Saturday 21st of September, 2013 … I was (co-incidentally) re-reading the intervention yesterday.

      • A McConnell
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013
          It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

          We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

          We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

          The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 23, 2013

            I know I would like to have a (safe) self-driving Ferrari. :)

            One bit of technology I would like to see is the inflatable cabin in 'Many Coloured Land' that Amerie and Felice set up.

            "Try my cabin-pak." Felice held out a wad about the size of a sandwich. "I can't believe it'll grow into a four-by-four house."

            I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

            High Thoughts,

            - Mod Mom #2

            --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

            We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

            We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

            The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

          • Stephen Nicholson
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 24, 2013
              Hi there all,

              it's funny that a few years back a friend of mine was contemplating buying a Maine Coon cat here in Australia  - a rare breed downunder.

              I quickly reminded him that such cats are highly telepathic and would mentally hassle him for treats all the time.

              He looked at me quizzically until I reminded him of Julian May's work (some of which he remembered...) and explained the reference.

              I don't think he ever bought that Maine Coon cat after my warning ;-)

              I'm sure that Uncle Rogi's Marcel would have had his own popular YouTube channel by now.

              We just got a new dodgy government here in Australia. I would welcome our new Simbari overlords at this time.

              Cheers all ...

              -- Stephen (Wollongong, Australia)

              I wonder what the 'Milieu' books would have been like if the Internet or Twitter was around... now I have images of Uncle Rogi grumbling about being distracted by another cat video on Youtube. Heh.

              High Thoughts,

              - Mod Mom #2

              --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <julian-may-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              It was interesting seeing the technology Julian May was predicting (from 1987) :)

              We don't have roads with embedded navigation strips, self-driving Ferraris or X-wing helicopters.

              We do have iPads (made in China) and Kindle e-readers taking over the book market :)

              The Soviet Union was dissolved peacefully in 1991 - not by insurrection in 2012 :)

            • checkboard1