Julian May Current Contact Information for Interview

  • gjlynch17
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2013
      Hello Everyone:

      I recently came across Julian May and just finished The Adversary, after starting the series with Intervention, working through the Galactic Milieu and then the Saga of the Pliocene Exile. It was an outstanding series!

      I have a blog devoted to the life and ideas of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (www.teilhard.com) and am in the process of creating a series of blogposts on The Galactic Milieu series and the theology of Teilhard de Chardin as portrayed by Julian May. I would love the opportunity to speak with Ms. May, either in person or via phone to get her thoughts. I understand she lives in Seattle but does anyone know her and whether she would be willing to do a brief interview? If yes, please e-mail me with her contact information and any other relevant information.

      Thank you.
      Greg Lynch
    • John Wolfe
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
        Hi, Gil,

        I'm currently re-reading all the books (this being 2013), and I am in the
        beginning of Jack the Bodiless.

        I don't think Ms. May gives interviews. The last I heard, she lived on
        Mercer Island in the Seattle metro area. As we have no access to the
        regeneration tank technology, I think she may be in her 80's or 90's by
        now. Sorry to rain on your parade.

        Let us know if you have any luck contacting her. High thoughts, citizen.

        John Wolfe

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2013
          Hi Greg,

          I'm glad you liked the series. I started reading it in 1997 and have been a fan ever since.

          I became interested in Teilhard de Chardin thanks to Julian May and
          will look forward to reading your blogposts. :) I will add a link to your blog in the 'Links' section.

          Good luck in getting an interview with Julian.

          High Thoughts,

          Mod Mom #2

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "gjlynch17" <gjlynch17@...> wrote:

          > Hello Everyone:
          >
          > I recently came across Julian May and just finished The Adversary, after starting the series with Intervention, working through the Galactic Milieu and then the Saga of the Pliocene Exile. It was an outstanding series!
          >
          > I have a blog devoted to the life and ideas of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (www.teilhard.com) and am in the process of creating a series of blogposts on The Galactic Milieu series and the theology of Teilhard de Chardin as portrayed by Julian May. I would love the opportunity to speak with Ms. May, either in person or via phone to get her thoughts. I understand she lives in Seattle but does anyone know her and whether she would be willing to do a brief interview? If yes, please e-mail me with her contact information and any other relevant information.
          >
          > Thank you.
          > Greg Lynch

        • gjlynch17
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 8, 2013
            Thank you John and Mod Mom #2.  It sounds like a long shot in meeting Ms. May.  I certainly respect her privacy and I will let you know if I have any luck in contacting her.  It would be fantastic if she were willing to share her thoughts in constructing the Galactic Milieu and the entire vision that it involves.