Inspiration for "Terra Nova" series?

  • bartonmft
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2011
      As a new member, I'm thrilled to correspond with fellow Julian May fans!
      What do you think of the new Terra Nova series on ABC? I couldn't help but notice the similarities to The Many Colored Land"... people from the 22nd century traveling back in time in search of a simpler life.
      Of course, the plot of TMCL is much more imaginative...even without the dinosaurs! I've always believed that the Pliocene Exile Saga would make a great TV series, even if the complex layers of the saga had to be simplified to conform to TV standards.
    • James Kendrick
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011
        I thought is was an obvious rip-off.

        As a new member, I'm thrilled to correspond with fellow Julian May fans!
        What do you think of the new Terra Nova series on ABC? I couldn't help but notice the similarities to The Many Colored Land"... people from the 22nd century traveling back in time in search of a simpler life.
        Of course, the plot of TMCL is much more imaginative...even without the dinosaurs! I've always believed that the Pliocene Exile Saga would make a great TV series, even if the complex layers of the saga had to be simplified to conform to TV standards.

      • karen barton
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011

          Totally agree!

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2011
            Hello Barton,

            I hope you'll enjoy your time here. :)

            Terra Nova does sound a bit similar, doesn't it. I haven't seen it myself yet (I don't live in the US), but will probably watch at least the first episode to check it out.

            High Thoughts,

            Mod Mom #2

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
              Correction--Terra Nova airs on FOX, not ABC,
            • Paul Fourie
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2011
                Im finding the teenage angst a bit much to deal with. id like to slap those kids.