Re: Further Casting Notions

  • S
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21, 2011
      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "michelle_rose3" <michelle_rose3@...> wrote:

      > High Thoughts All!
      >
      > Sorry I've been absent for so long, but open-heart surgery has a tendency to occupy all your spare time. Fear not! Although our medical science is not yet up to Milieu standards, they did a wonderful job, even if the scar will preclude any low-cut gowns or dresses for a while. (Where's a regen-tank when you REALLY need one?)

      I hope you're doing okay! Take care of yourself. :)

      > One more suggestion: Old Man Kawai. Google the actor Mako and see if you agree that he'd be the perfect choice.

      Except that Mako died about 5 years ago, if he's the same one we're talking about. (Found out about him via Avatar: the Last Airbender.) Cancer, I think it was.

      *goes back to lurking*
    • michelle_rose3
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2011
        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "S" <walker_boh61@...> wrote:

        > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "michelle_rose3" <michelle_rose3@> wrote:
        > >
        > > High Thoughts All!
        > >
        > > Sorry I've been absent for so long, but open-heart surgery has a tendency to occupy all your spare time. Fear not! Although our medical science is not yet up to Milieu standards, they did a wonderful job, even if the scar will preclude any low-cut gowns or dresses for a while. (Where's a regen-tank when you REALLY need one?)
        >
        > I hope you're doing okay! Take care of yourself. :)
        >
        > > One more suggestion: Old Man Kawai. Google the actor Mako and see if you agree that he'd be the perfect choice.
        >
        > Except that Mako died about 5 years ago, if he's the same one we're talking about. (Found out about him via Avatar: the Last Airbender.) Cancer, I think it was.
        >
        > *goes back to lurking*

        Oops. Didn't do a Google, meself. Next time I'll know better. Okay, then. Pat Morita is passed on, too, so where does that leaves us? Hmm, I'm thinking Chow-Yun Fat for Yoshi. He definitely has the bushido spirit.

        As for me...pain is my constant companion, but that's life for most of us, isn't it?

      • S
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2011
          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "michelle_rose3" <michelle_rose3@...> wrote:

          > Oops. Didn't do a Google, meself. Next time I'll know better. Okay, then. Pat Morita is passed on, too, so where does that leaves us? Hmm, I'm thinking Chow-Yun Fat for Yoshi. He definitely has the bushido spirit.

          IIRC there was also a big hullabaloo in the A:tLB fandom when Mako was diagnosed and then died, since he did such a good job as Uncle Iroh.

          Chow-Yun Fat could work. Haven't seen him in a lot, but he did a good job in the movies I did see.

          > As for me...pain is my constant companion, but that's life for most of us, isn't it?

          True. Hopefully the surgery helped ease yours... something like that. The words aren't coming out right, at the moment. o.o
        • awabookz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2011
            --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "S" <walker_boh61@...> wrote:

            > Chow-Yun Fat could work. Haven't seen him in a lot, but he did a good job in the movies I did see.

            I'm definitely a "fan of the Fat"  ;), but I always pictured Old Man Kawai as a little bit more of a "wheedler"...

            I've always thought of James Hong ... particularly his voice, when I think of Kawai.