Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: What did Dennis know?

  • Padraig Timmins
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2010
      And one thing that simply does not make sense is AU's confirming to Fury that Fury sat outside AU's prescience.  Now I can believe that AU could and would willingly lie to Fury.  Besides Julian May doesn't do time paradoxes, so there is no way Fury could have won.

      Cheers

      Padraig

      On 6 July 2010 19:11, Caliban <daniel.davison23@...> wrote:

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Rosemary <rosemary@...> wrote:

      > I am pretty sure at some point, Atoning Unifex said he did not know the identity of Fury. If he was telling the truth, which I doubt, I guess he would have found out upon Rogi's recording it in the memoir.
      >
      > -RM

      Unifex had no reason to lie to Rogi at that stage of the game, so I am taking it as read that Unifex did not know who Fury was, until it was revealed in by Rogi in the writing of his memoirs.

      At the time that the Dynasty was planning the Christmas Surprise to redact Denis, Marc was out of touch with the family, pursuing his own CE research and laying the foundations of Mental Man and the Metapsychic Rebellion. He seems to have believed the family's story that Denis had died in his sleep.

      Atoning Unifex and, following his injunction, the other four members of the Lylmik supervisory quincunx, was not interested in preventing the crimes of Hydra or of Fury. Although Unifex did occasionally confront Fury within the mental latices, he seems not to have known who Fury's host persona was.

      Did Denis know? I do not think so, at least not consciously, or else I feel he would have gone to his Jesuit mentors for counsel. I think subconsciously, the awareness was there, which manifested as his aversion to allowing others into his mind, declining to accept office as a Magnate of the Concilium, and so on.

      Further, he may have been trying to grapple with the possibility when he felt compelled to write "Criminal Insanity in the Metapsychic Mind", which would seem to refer to Victor, but is also a great big clue to the reader.

    • maakull
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2011
        Hi! I think Marc as Atoning Unifex may have know. I believe AU helped save Dorothea from the Hydra attack and as stated by an earlier response, after 6 million years, I'm quite sure he was vast in his mind powers and could have figured out who they all were. PLUS, after his sister Madeleine sabotaged Marc's Mental Man project, which I think he figured out, wouldn't he as AU be watching for it at the very least, to see how she accomplished it all and then see she was also in cahoots with grandfather Denis and her cousins? But if she had not sabotaged it, Marc would have been sucessful and maybe never had his finale encouter with Jon, negating any reason to flee to the Plicone which in turn may have altered the entire course of the Unity within the Galaxy and none of it would ever have happened. SO in the end AU could only stand by and watch and let it play it as it always was supposed to then, now and to come! WHEW!!!