Douglas Adams

  • Amanda Prater
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17 2:50 AM

      I hate to break onto the group with this sad news, but for those who haven't heard, Douglas Adams passed away last friday.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1326000/1326657.stm

      His family, close friends and colleagues, and millions of fans around the world have been in a state of profound shock and grief.  He made such an indelible impact upon everyone who knew him or knew of  him, and the world will be a much less wonderful place without him.

      If you would like to leave condolences for his friends and family or would like to share your thoughts, feelings and tributes about this great author, please visit www.douglasadams.com or www.h2g2.com.

      -Amanda

    • niallperry@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 17 3:13 AM
        This is indeed sad news, Douglas Adams was one of my earlier entries
        in Science Fiction reading (many times I took THHGTTG from the Library
        to read and reread). Through not a prolific writer (and notoriously
        late in publishing his books) what he did produce was, for me, in one
        word "Fun".

        Though he made his name with Ford Prefect, Arthur Dent, and Zaphod B.,
        my favourite has to be Dirk Gently, ah to be an holistic detective!!!!

        We should count ourselves lucky to still have JM alive, well and
        producing novels.

        Niall

        PS on a happier note, I took delivery of The Pliocene Companion
        yesterday from Barnes & Noble, all I need now is Brede's Tale, (but
        not at $500) ;-)