Re: Milieu Companion

  • niallperry
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 23, 2009
      Ok, I have to admit that I didn't particularly like dune roller, I wanted too. Just didn't flow for me, and I didn't care for the lead character, I had no interest in what happened to him. A nice SF story but left me a little flat.

      Sláinte

      Niall

      > Re "Dune Roller," yes I've read it, and will reserve my own opinion until others have commented, except to add that science fiction critics have generally noted it as the first important work of its kind to deal with ecological issues. Our JM was a 20-year-old college student when it was published.

      > alix
      > aka Imho the Dwarf

    • James Kendrick
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 10:53 AM
        I have a Dune fan forum, www.jacurutu.com and I find it curious that this was mentioned as being a first in dealing with ecological issues (1950).  Julian May is one of my favorites, it would be a wonderfull coincidence to find that she was an influence on Frank Herbert (Dune 1965).  Especially considering Dune was first published serially by Campbell in his magazine.

        I haven't read "Dune Roller", would anyone mind giving me a very brief summary?