Milieu Companion: Why Bother?

  • alixnc
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      Why bother with building a Milieu Companion?

      The answer is a question: Why do YOU keep returning to and rereading this remarkable cycle? How many times have you asked yourself "Hey, wasn't that ....?" and spent a frustrating hour leafing through several dog-eared volumes to find a half-remembered reference?

      And just why is the Intervention/Milieu saga worth it? It's still a great read, yes, after all this time, but why put all this effort, or any affort at all, into framing the experience comfortably for everyone?

      The answer for me, briefly, lies in the vision of the Global Village and the profound changes we are all trying to understand and assimilate in this new century. For me, Julian May leads the way into a positive world vision -- a profound need in these chaotic times -- in a way unmatched by any other writer. It's not about a map for some airy-fairy
      utopia, Teilhardian or other, it's about the profound changes already taking place in human society and seeing a way to shape the good and survive the bad.

      What do you find in Julian May that's useful to you? I'd really like to hear what others have to say.

      alix