Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Lost Vampires Found

  • Oliver Mundy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
      "What we need is a Galactic Milieu Companion to go with The Saga of the
      Exiles Companion. Maybe one day.... " (Niall Perry, responding to Alix's
      suggestion of an indexing project)

      Moreover, despite the existence of JM's own 'Pliocene Companion', there is
      more that could usefully be done on the Saga of the Exiles itself - perhaps
      in Wikipedia (where JM already has a certain representation, somewhat
      ill-balanced and chaotic but not without value) or perhaps on our group's
      own website. A translation of the many non-English quotations would be
      useful (I could deal with the Latin), as would a table of the Celtic and
      other sources drawn upon by JM for Tanu names and other motifs. (The
      Wikipedia article on the Saga has some good material on this point, but it
      could be extended.) Audio clips of the musical works mentioned in the
      books, including JM's transcription of the Tanu Song, might be useful too.

      Oliver Mundy.