Re: Lost Vampires Found

  • niallperry
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2009
      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "alixnc" <alixnc@...> wrote:

      > Is there anyone out there interested in an indexing project?
      >
      > Still persisting,
      > alix

      What we need is a Galactic Milieu Companion to go with The Saga of the
      Exiles Companion. Maybe one day....
    • Oliver Mundy
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
        "What we need is a Galactic Milieu Companion to go with The Saga of the
        Exiles Companion. Maybe one day.... " (Niall Perry, responding to Alix's
        suggestion of an indexing project)

        Moreover, despite the existence of JM's own 'Pliocene Companion', there is
        more that could usefully be done on the Saga of the Exiles itself - perhaps
        in Wikipedia (where JM already has a certain representation, somewhat
        ill-balanced and chaotic but not without value) or perhaps on our group's
        own website. A translation of the many non-English quotations would be
        useful (I could deal with the Latin), as would a table of the Celtic and
        other sources drawn upon by JM for Tanu names and other motifs. (The
        Wikipedia article on the Saga has some good material on this point, but it
        could be extended.) Audio clips of the musical works mentioned in the
        books, including JM's transcription of the Tanu Song, might be useful too.

        Oliver Mundy.