Re: the fate of felice

  • Michelle Rose
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
      Ramon:

      Thank you, kind sir. It was nothing, a mere trifle. As for writing
      for wikipedia, I believe one has to be invited to do so and the
      material is peer-reviewed, which would eliminate me immediately as a
      candidate, considering I lack a formal college degree or anything
      resembling a reputation in 'literary' circles.

      I believe that the hardbound editions of the Galactic Milieu are
      still available in bookstores; used, of course. At least, they are in
      the one I work at. As for the Pliocene Exile series, I believe you
      are correct in that they are close to twenty years old now, which
      makes them somewhat ancient by most bookseller's standards. A great
      pity, in my humble opinion, as they still stand tall as some of the
      finest epic/romance/adventure novels of all time in the speculative
      fiction pantheon. And I believe that most, if not all of us agree
      that they would also make a movie series that would be far greater
      than all the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Star Trek movies combined.
      Yes, even Lord of the Rings, all kudos to Jackson and his magnificent
      cast and crew.

      But, Goddess! The cost and logistics of mounting such an epic! There
      isn't a production company anywhere in the world that would even
      touch it.

      (sigh) We'll have to do our own movies in our own heads, which I
      suspect JM intended anyway.

      Michelle

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com,
      "ramoncarlos" <ramoncarlos@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Michelle - That response was "wikipedia-quality" speaking
      of
      > which - there's a dearth of synopses after "Many Colored Land". and
      > the books are starting to get hard to find nowadays.
      >
      > 'Twould be nice to have summaries about this series on par with
      ASOIAF
      > (towerofthehand.com) or even the Wikipedia WoT
      > (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time). I can help write, but I
      > daresay, your explanations would run circles around mine.
      >
      > Persevere...
      >
      > -Ramon
      >
      > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Rose"
      > <michelle_rose3@> wrote:
      >
      > <snipped for brevity>
      > >
      > > ... Myself, I'd have much rather undergone
      > > root
      > > > canal without anesthesia but then, I'm not a Paramount
      Grandmaster,
      > > > just a shade-tree meta with entirely unreliable abilities.
      > > >
      > > > Michelle Rose
      > > >
      > > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@ yahoogroups. com,

      > > have

    • Padraig Timmins
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
        No, she killed Amerie.  Stopped her heart.

        She may still be alive, locked in some kind of 'duality' existance with Culluket in the Room without doors.  Aiken and Marc certainly didn't kill her, although when Marc returned as Atoning Unifix (AT) he probably knew about Felice/Culluket, as I don't think Elizabeth would have kept it from him after they were reconciled and spent a few hundred thousand years together.

        AT couldn't have freed her due to the paradox it would have caused, as I don't supposed even a few million years would have done anything to cure Felice insanity.  If paradox wasn't an issue, could AT have freed her?  Probably, posibly on his own, but more likely with his Lylmik back-up, if only to guarantee pacifing her.  I would have thought AT could probably take down Felice on his own, but even so Felice was horribly powerful.

        Of course AT would have to have a REASON for releasing her.  And given she was SUCH a MONUMENTAL selfish b1tch, and probably uncureable, why would he bother?

        Cheers

        Padster

        2008/8/15 ramoncarlos <ramoncarlos@...>

        ...It's been decades since I read the books...

        How did Felice's life end again? She did subsume Amerie IIRC. I have
        to reread.