the fate of felice

  • ramoncarlos
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15 3:56 PM
      ...It's been decades since I read the books...

      How did Felice's life end again? She did subsume Amerie IIRC. I have
      to reread.
    • Michelle Rose
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15 6:08 PM
        She didn't subsume Amerie. She killed her; stopped her heart and
        burned her when she seized her by the arms and lifted her off the
        floor of the Chapel in Hidden Springs. Amerie refused her and Felice
        flipped out and tried to force her to submit. It didn't work and
        Amerie died reciting her final Mass. Felice MERGED with Culleket the
        Interrogator during the Quest to retrieve the golden torcs from her
        lair on Mt. Mulhacen in Spain. When she discovered that Aiken had
        stolen the torcs from her cave, she attacked the King's metaconcert,
        D-jumped when Aiken struck back and attacked Marc who was in the
        cerebro-enhancing armor back at Ocala Island. She failed and d-jumped
        back and, at the moment of her exit from the superficies, somehow
        merged with the Interrogator who was being used as a living fuse in
        the metaconcert.

        All that is left of the two of them is a tiny, incandescent Duality
        which Elizabeth placed within the forcefield generator known as the
        Room Without Doors. (formerly used by Brede the Shipspouse). Their
        remains--if you can call it that--is buried in the mud beneath the
        Rio Genil in Spain. It's an open-ended ending, so to speak, leaving
        lots of room for more sequels, which, alas, JM is not likely to
        write, given her age and accompanying fatigue.

        All this takes place at the end of The Nonborn King. The details of
        the merging (or subsumption if you like) is discussed at the
        beginning of the The Adversary. In forcing Felice from the armor,
        Marc was hideously burned from the neck down, requring Marc to spend
        several months in Ocala's quirky regen tank. Marc learned how to d-
        jump from reviewing the records of the encounter so you could say she
        did him a favor. Sort of. Myself, I'd have much rather undergone root
        canal without anesthesia but then, I'm not a Paramount Grandmaster,
        just a shade-tree meta with entirely unreliable abilities.

        Michelle Rose

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com,
        "ramoncarlos" <ramoncarlos@...> wrote:

        > ...It's been decades since I read the books...
        >
        > How did Felice's life end again? She did subsume Amerie IIRC. I have
        > to reread.

      • Thomas Fullgrabe
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15 7:36 PM
          Wow, nice.

          I have a quick question; we've all read the entire series, what happened to the rest of them after Marc and Liz left for the Duat (Been a while since I read so I could be wrong here) galaxy. I realize that Ms. May will be the only true person who can tell us the truth of that question but I am curious as to the imaginations of the rest of us here. Did they die out, or is that where are fantasy stories come from? I think it would be highly entertaining to see the responses. I'll try to through my thoughts out there soon. And thanks all!

          Thomas

          She didn't subsume Amerie. She killed her; stopped her heart and
          burned her when she seized her by the arms and lifted her off the
          floor of the Chapel in Hidden Springs. Amerie refused her and Felice
          flipped out and tried to force her to submit. It didn't work and
          Amerie died reciting her final Mass. Felice MERGED with Culleket the
          Interrogator during the Quest to retrieve the golden torcs from her
          lair on Mt. Mulhacen in Spain. When she discovered that Aiken had
          stolen the torcs from her cave, she attacked the King's metaconcert,
          D-jumped when Aiken struck back and attacked Marc who was in the
          cerebro-enhancing armor back at Ocala Island. She failed and d-jumped
          back and, at the moment of her exit from the superficies, somehow
          merged with the Interrogator who was being used as a living fuse in
          the metaconcert.

          All that is left of the two of them is a tiny, incandescent Duality
          which Elizabeth placed within the forcefield generator known as the
          Room Without Doors. (formerly used by Brede the Shipspouse). Their
          remains--if you can call it that--is buried in the mud beneath the
          Rio Genil in Spain. It's an open-ended ending, so to speak, leaving
          lots of room for more sequels, which, alas, JM is not likely to
          write, given her age and accompanying fatigue.

          All this takes place at the end of The Nonborn King. The details of
          the merging (or subsumption if you like) is discussed at the
          beginning of the The Adversary. In forcing Felice from the armor,
          Marc was hideously burned from the neck down, requring Marc to spend
          several months in Ocala's quirky regen tank. Marc learned how to d-
          jump from reviewing the records of the encounter so you could say she
          did him a favor. Sort of. Myself, I'd have much rather undergone root
          canal without anesthesia but then, I'm not a Paramount Grandmaster,
          just a shade-tree meta with entirely unreliable abilities.

          Michelle Rose

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@ yahoogroups. com,
          "ramoncarlos" <ramoncarlos@ ...> wrote:

          > ...It's been decades since I read the books...
          >
          > How did Felice's life end again? She did subsume Amerie IIRC. I have
          > to reread.

        • Michelle Rose
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15 10:42 PM
            Thomas:
            You are correct; it was the Duat Galaxy. Creyn's challenge to both
            Elizabeth and Marc was finally realized when Elizabeth lowered her
            mindshield to let Marc see that she loved him so he allowed Cloud and
            Hagen to pass through the timegate, leaving Marc with but one choice
            and a pretty good choice it was, n'cest ce pas?

            Bits and pieces of that Challenge are touched on in the The Galactic
            Miliieu series as Atoning Unifex (Marc!) lets little hints slip
            through to Uncle Rogi while Rogi is writing the history of the
            Intervention and the Remillard family.

            As for what happened to humanity and the Many-Colored Land, yes;
            humans and Tanu and Firvulag intermarried and became the basis for
            the legends we have of eleves and fairies and goblins and such-like.
            I personally suspect that Aiken's rule of the many-Colored Land was
            challenged by the tri-hybrid son of Nodonn and Hulda Henning and the
            kingdom was probably destroyed as a result, leaving the scattered
            survivors to go on as best they could. Remember: SIX MILLION YEARS.
            That's a loooong time for legends to develop and so they did.

            This is the genius of JM. She took so many disparate elements and
            legends and turned them into a wondeful epic of utterly breathtaking
            scope and dimension. Hence, our little corner of the Web and the
            lovely exchange of ideas going on right here.

            Cool, huh?

            Michelle

            --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Fullgrabe
            <benjawa1@...> wrote:

            > Wow, nice.
            > I have a quick question; we've all read the entire series, what
            happened to the rest of them after Marc and Liz left for the Duat
            (Been a while since I read so I could be wrong here) galaxy. I
            realize that Ms. May will be the only true person who can tell us the
            truth of that question but I am curious as to the imaginations of the
            rest of us here. Did they die out, or is that where are fantasy
            stories come from? I think it would be highly entertaining to see the
            all!

            > Thomas
            > benjawa1@...

          • ramoncarlos
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18 2:31 PM
              Thank you Michelle - That response was "wikipedia-quality" speaking of
              which - there's a dearth of synopses after "Many Colored Land". and
              the books are starting to get hard to find nowadays.

              'Twould be nice to have summaries about this series on par with ASOIAF
              (towerofthehand.com) or even the Wikipedia WoT
              (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time). I can help write, but I
              daresay, your explanations would run circles around mine.

              Persevere...

              -Ramon

              --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Rose"
              <michelle_rose3@...> wrote:

              <snipped for brevity>

              > ... Myself, I'd have much rather undergone
              > root
              > > canal without anesthesia but then, I'm not a Paramount Grandmaster,
              > > just a shade-tree meta with entirely unreliable abilities.
              > >
              > > Michelle Rose
              > >
              > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@ yahoogroups. com,
              > > "ramoncarlos" <ramoncarlos@ ...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > ...It's been decades since I read the books...
              > > >
              > > > How did Felice's life end again? She did subsume Amerie IIRC. I
              > have
              > > > to reread.

            • Michelle Rose
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 18 11:42 PM
                Ramon:

                Thank you, kind sir. It was nothing, a mere trifle. As for writing
                for wikipedia, I believe one has to be invited to do so and the
                material is peer-reviewed, which would eliminate me immediately as a
                candidate, considering I lack a formal college degree or anything
                resembling a reputation in 'literary' circles.

                I believe that the hardbound editions of the Galactic Milieu are
                still available in bookstores; used, of course. At least, they are in
                the one I work at. As for the Pliocene Exile series, I believe you
                are correct in that they are close to twenty years old now, which
                makes them somewhat ancient by most bookseller's standards. A great
                pity, in my humble opinion, as they still stand tall as some of the
                finest epic/romance/adventure novels of all time in the speculative
                fiction pantheon. And I believe that most, if not all of us agree
                that they would also make a movie series that would be far greater
                than all the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Star Trek movies combined.
                Yes, even Lord of the Rings, all kudos to Jackson and his magnificent
                cast and crew.

                But, Goddess! The cost and logistics of mounting such an epic! There
                isn't a production company anywhere in the world that would even
                touch it.

                (sigh) We'll have to do our own movies in our own heads, which I
                suspect JM intended anyway.

                Michelle

                --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com,
                "ramoncarlos" <ramoncarlos@...> wrote:

                > Thank you Michelle - That response was "wikipedia-quality" speaking
                of
                > which - there's a dearth of synopses after "Many Colored Land". and
                > the books are starting to get hard to find nowadays.
                >
                > 'Twould be nice to have summaries about this series on par with
                ASOIAF
                > (towerofthehand.com) or even the Wikipedia WoT
                > (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time). I can help write, but I
                > daresay, your explanations would run circles around mine.
                >
                > Persevere...
                >
                > -Ramon
                >
                > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Rose"
                > <michelle_rose3@> wrote:
                >
                > <snipped for brevity>
                > >
                > > ... Myself, I'd have much rather undergone
                > > root
                > > > canal without anesthesia but then, I'm not a Paramount
                Grandmaster,
                > > > just a shade-tree meta with entirely unreliable abilities.
                > > >
                > > > Michelle Rose
                > > >
                > > > --- In Julian-May-discuss@ yahoogroups. com,

                > > have

              • Padraig Timmins
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 19 2:31 AM
                  No, she killed Amerie.  Stopped her heart.

                  She may still be alive, locked in some kind of 'duality' existance with Culluket in the Room without doors.  Aiken and Marc certainly didn't kill her, although when Marc returned as Atoning Unifix (AT) he probably knew about Felice/Culluket, as I don't think Elizabeth would have kept it from him after they were reconciled and spent a few hundred thousand years together.

                  AT couldn't have freed her due to the paradox it would have caused, as I don't supposed even a few million years would have done anything to cure Felice insanity.  If paradox wasn't an issue, could AT have freed her?  Probably, posibly on his own, but more likely with his Lylmik back-up, if only to guarantee pacifing her.  I would have thought AT could probably take down Felice on his own, but even so Felice was horribly powerful.

                  Of course AT would have to have a REASON for releasing her.  And given she was SUCH a MONUMENTAL selfish b1tch, and probably uncureable, why would he bother?

                  Cheers

                  Padster