Fan fiction

  • mddoydavid185
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2008
      I've been looking for Saga fan fiction, and can't find any. I rember a
      while back Ms. May saying in an interveiw that she didn't mind folks
      wrighting short stories in her univers, but that she didn't want anyone
      doing a novel, because as she said, "I might do that myself someday".

      I really want to find out about this because I'd like to do a web comic
      that start about 20 years after 'night fall' that picks up on how the
      old characters are doing, add lots of new ones, and explore other world
      mythologies. But I really really really don't want to get zaped for
      copyright infringment! Has Ms. May put out an absolute ban on fan
      fiction? If so, any ideas on how to talk her out of it will be
      apreciated!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2008
        Hi there,

        Welcome to the group. :)

        I know of two JM fanfic short stories which can be found at
        the 'Yuletide Treasure - The Obscure Fandom Fanfic Exchange'
        website, which are:

        'Un Hiver Tranquille' - Anne Remillard never spent much time with
        her Uncle Rogi. But he was still her Uncle.

        http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/41/unhiver.html

        'Against the Company of Heaven' - Predestination is a tricky thing
        for anyone; if you're Marc Remillard time travel makes it worse. How
        we see ourselves is not always how others see us.

        http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/18/againstthe.html

        I'm no expert on what JM's views are, but your web comic sounds
        interesting. :) I know it's become common in recent years to adapt
        books into graphic novels, and I've sometimes thought that JM's
        books would be good candidates. :)

        High Thoughts,

        - Nicolette
        Mod Mom #2