Re: Who is Fury?

  • mightyogbo
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 29, 2007
      Certainly by book releases, The Saga of the Exiles comes first, then
      Intervention the linking tale, and finally the Galactic Milieu trilogy.

      And I agree with aneecek that the reverse order of the stories always
      fascinated me. The only problem that I found with this is that JM
      had to add a lot of explanation at the start of The Many Coloured
      Land re the Milieu which I think bogged the start down a little.
      I know it turned some readers (friends of mine) off the series.
      I'd say: Stick with it - but they never did. Their loss.

      The back-to-front order also gives us the delicious plot point in
      Intervention of the Family Ghost being Marc - although I'm sure most
      of us had guessed it - and obviously being 6 million years old. But you
      only get this frission when you've already read The Saga - and know
      what Marc & Elizabeth did at the end.

      On the other hand - as a series of movies for the great unwashed masses,
      starting with Intervention might be better as it links straight into our time
      and would be more accessible. Then move onto the Galactic Milieu stories,
      but start to drop in little things, like Rogi kicking back with a drink & a cat
      and watching Milieu Network News:

      "Tonight on MNN, the amazing time portal discovery of Prof. Guderian ..."

      and then later other news reports or discussions re the use of it as Exile,
      and what might be on the other side.

      Of the groups of children who were spontaneously becoming cooadunate
      as discussed (I think) in Magnificat, one of them could be a young Elizabeth
      Orme. Later duing the climax as we see the reaction in the noosphere to
      the titanic psychic struggle for the future of the Milieu, young Elizabeth's
      horror could be one of the reaction shots.

      Then of course we see the Rebels disappearing through the Portal - and
      finally we're ready to start with the Saga ... 30 years later ...

      -- Stephen

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, nick ramsay <marcelplume@...> wrote:

      > Intervention is the start isn't it? or is there one?
      >
      > Discuss
      >
      > meow
    • Imhilien
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 30, 2007

        With the success of TV shows like 'Heroes', there would certainly be
        some interest I'm sure from the great unwashed if 'Intervention' was
        made. :-)

        ['Milieu Network News made me laugh!]

        Since Elizabeth and her first husband were both redactors (I'm
        pretty sure he was), I've sometimes wondered if they chose to focus
        on the healing aspect of their gifts (as well as being teachers), as
        their way of personally dealing with trauma felt after the
        Rebellion...

        You could say that the very start of it all is when some Seer in the
        Duat Galaxy a long time before the 'Exile' books makes a prophecy
        about The NightFall War. Earth is still in a fairly primitive stage,
        but already people like Felice and Marc Remillard have made
        ominous 'blips' on someones radar.

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "mightyogbo" <ogbo@...>