Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: Who is Fury?

  • nick ramsay
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 29 1:20 PM
      Intervention is the start isn't it? or is there one?

      Discuss

      meow

      http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html

      > ---------------------------------
      > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers
      > from someone who knows.
      > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

      Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html
    • mightyogbo
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 29 7:22 PM
        Certainly by book releases, The Saga of the Exiles comes first, then
        Intervention the linking tale, and finally the Galactic Milieu trilogy.

        And I agree with aneecek that the reverse order of the stories always
        fascinated me. The only problem that I found with this is that JM
        had to add a lot of explanation at the start of The Many Coloured
        Land re the Milieu which I think bogged the start down a little.
        I know it turned some readers (friends of mine) off the series.
        I'd say: Stick with it - but they never did. Their loss.

        The back-to-front order also gives us the delicious plot point in
        Intervention of the Family Ghost being Marc - although I'm sure most
        of us had guessed it - and obviously being 6 million years old. But you
        only get this frission when you've already read The Saga - and know
        what Marc & Elizabeth did at the end.

        On the other hand - as a series of movies for the great unwashed masses,
        starting with Intervention might be better as it links straight into our time
        and would be more accessible. Then move onto the Galactic Milieu stories,
        but start to drop in little things, like Rogi kicking back with a drink & a cat
        and watching Milieu Network News:

        "Tonight on MNN, the amazing time portal discovery of Prof. Guderian ..."

        and then later other news reports or discussions re the use of it as Exile,
        and what might be on the other side.

        Of the groups of children who were spontaneously becoming cooadunate
        as discussed (I think) in Magnificat, one of them could be a young Elizabeth
        Orme. Later duing the climax as we see the reaction in the noosphere to
        the titanic psychic struggle for the future of the Milieu, young Elizabeth's
        horror could be one of the reaction shots.

        Then of course we see the Rebels disappearing through the Portal - and
        finally we're ready to start with the Saga ... 30 years later ...

        -- Stephen

        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, nick ramsay <marcelplume@...> wrote:

        > Intervention is the start isn't it? or is there one?
        >
        > Discuss
        >
        > meow
      • Imhilien
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 30 2:36 AM
          Hi there,

          With the success of TV shows like 'Heroes', there would certainly be
          some interest I'm sure from the great unwashed if 'Intervention' was
          made. :-)

          ['Milieu Network News made me laugh!]

          Since Elizabeth and her first husband were both redactors (I'm
          pretty sure he was), I've sometimes wondered if they chose to focus
          on the healing aspect of their gifts (as well as being teachers), as
          their way of personally dealing with trauma felt after the
          Rebellion...

          You could say that the very start of it all is when some Seer in the
          Duat Galaxy a long time before the 'Exile' books makes a prophecy
          about The NightFall War. Earth is still in a fairly primitive stage,
          but already people like Felice and Marc Remillard have made
          ominous 'blips' on someones radar.

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "mightyogbo" <ogbo@...>