Re: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: hello

  • Tauni Sandy
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 10, 2007
      That "let down" feeling at the end of a book is a real indication of a good book, in my opinion. I too keep wishing there was more to the series. And I'm thinking about looking around for some good fan-fiction of the Milieu. Pliocene too, if it involves Felice (my favorite).

      Tauni

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10, 2007
        --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Tauni Sandy <wuggamom@...>
        wrote:

        > That "let down" feeling at the end of a book is a real indication
        of a good book, in my opinion. I too keep wishing there was more to
        the series. And I'm thinking about looking around for some good fan-
        fiction of the Milieu. Pliocene too, if it involves Felice (my
        favorite).

        > Tauni

        Why would it leave you grieving? Sad, I understand, simply because
        Illusio and Jack had to die. But, they gave their lives willing so
        that something that was greater than them would continue to grow and
        flourish and that Humanity would have a chance to grow into it's
        potential.

      • Nicolette
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2007
          Hi Tauni,

          I have to say that JM fan fiction is near-impossible to find on the
          Internets. :(

          However, I recently found a site called 'The Obscure Fandom Secret
          Santa Project', which had a story about Marc called 'Against the
          Company of Heaven'. Not that bad, either.

          http://yuletidetreasure.org/

        • Dajala @ Yahoo
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2007
            Care to send us a link?

            Dajala

            <wuggamom@.. .> wrote:

            > That "let down" feeling at the end of a book is a real indication
            of a good book, in my opinion. I too keep wishing there was more to
            the series. And I'm thinking about looking around for some good fan-
            fiction of the Milieu. Pliocene too, if it involves Felice (my
            favorite).

            > Tauni

          • Tauni Sandy
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2007
              Thanks! That was pretty good. I'm going to try to find some more in the
              next few days. A friend of mine was saying it makes sense that fan-fic
              in this area is really rare, because the characters don't lend
              themselves to it nearly so easily as those from Babylon 5 or Star Trek.
              [smile]

              Tauni

              Nicolette wrote:
              > Hi Tauni,
              >
              > I have to say that JM fan fiction is near-impossible to find on the
              > Internets. :(
              >
              > However, I recently found a site called 'The Obscure Fandom Secret
              > Santa Project', which had a story about Marc called 'Against the
              > Company of Heaven'. Not that bad, either.
              >
              > http://yuletidetreasure.org/
              >

              > High Thoughts,
              > - Nicolette :-)

            • grandmster
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11, 2007
                Hey Nicolette,I was looking for that story and couldnt find it,can
                you narrow it down for me please
                Paul.
                --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Nicolette" <nicolel@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Tauni,
                >
                > I have to say that JM fan fiction is near-impossible to find on the
                > Internets. :(
                >
                > However, I recently found a site called 'The Obscure Fandom Secret
                > Santa Project', which had a story about Marc called 'Against the
                > Company of Heaven'. Not that bad, either.
                >
                > http://yuletidetreasure.org/
                >

                > High Thoughts,
                > - Nicolette :-)
                >

                > --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Tauni Sandy
                > <wuggamom@> wrote:
                > >
                > > That "let down" feeling at the end of a book is a real indication
                > of a good book, in my opinion. I too keep wishing there was more to
                > the series. And I'm thinking about looking around for some good fan-
                > fiction of the Milieu. Pliocene too, if it involves Felice (my
                > favorite).
                > >
                > > Tauni

              • Tauni Sandy
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11, 2007
                  Not Nicolette, but I found it easily enough by going to that site and searching for it. Here's a link: http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/18/againstthe.html

                  Tauni

                  >Hey Nicolette,I was looking for that story and couldnt find it,can
                  >you narrow it down for me please
                  >Paul.
                  >--- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Nicolette" <nicolel@...>
                  >wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hi Tauni,
                  >>
                  >> I have to say that JM fan fiction is near-impossible to find on the
                  >> Internets. :(
                  >>
                  >> However, I recently found a site called 'The Obscure Fandom Secret
                  >> Santa Project', which had a story about Marc called 'Against the
                  >> Company of Heaven'. Not that bad, either.
                  >>
                  >> http://yuletidetreasure.org/
                  >>

                  >> High Thoughts,
                  >> - Nicolette :-)
                  >>

                  >> --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Tauni Sandy
                  >> <wuggamom@> wrote:
                  >> >
                  >> > That "let down" feeling at the end of a book is a real indication
                  >> of a good book, in my opinion. I too keep wishing there was more to
                  >> the series. And I'm thinking about looking around for some good fan-
                  >> fiction of the Milieu. Pliocene too, if it involves Felice (my
                  >> favorite).
                  >> >
                  >> > Tauni

                • Nicolette
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2007
                    Hi Tauni,

                    I'm glad you liked it. :) If you find any more, let me know (so I
                    can check it's not badly written, of course!).

                    High Thoughts,

                    - Nicolette :)

                    (who thinks that some of JM's characters could easily take over the
                    Star Trek universe if they felt like it ^_~)