Re: JM online album (was: Bzyb Gorge)

  • mightyogbo
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 14, 2006
      Firstly, greetings all. Had some time for serious reading recently and so decided to re-read
      much of my Julian May collection. Started at Intervention, went through the Milieu trilogy
      and then backtracked into the Saga. Good goddess - I forgot just how much I LOVED this
      series!

      So decided it would be nice to discuss this occasionally.

      --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Powell" <pallol@...> wrote:
      > To see the White Mountain Hotel (bookings still available apparently)
      > http://www.mtwashingtonvalley.org/bus_display.cfm?MID=147
      >
      > To see the Mountain
      > http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/whites/washington.html
      >
      > To see the Railway
      > http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/whites/cog_rr.html
      >
      > For more 'exotic' locations try the galleries at:
      >
      > http://www.bobpowell.co.uk/julianmay/

      These are great - the White Mountain hotel looks pretty much as I imagined it.

      Another way of accessing Julian May's locations would be through online maps. For
      example, here is the Ship's Grave at Nordlingen. Pretty obvious crater location.

      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Nordlingen,
      +Germany&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.176833,78.310547&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=1
      4&ll=48.850831,10.489575&spn=0.040213,0.104628&t=k

      -- Stephen
    • Padraig Timmins
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 14, 2006

        Traffic has been a bit slow recently, but just in case nothing else happens this side of the new millennium, Merry Christmas everyone, and lest keep banging on at JM to write the aftermath of The Adversary.  Right!  RIGHT?

        Cheers

        Padster

        Message Received: Dec 14 2006, 12:50 PM
        From: "mightyogbo"
        To: Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Julian-May-discuss] Re: JM online album (was: Bzyb Gorge)

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 16, 2006
          Hi Padster,

          That sounds good to me as well. ;-) I would even be happy with some
          short stories from the Great JM...

          Here's hoping everyone has a great Christmas (how did it sneak up so
          fast?), and may our new member feel welcome. :D

          --- In Julian-May-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Padraig Timmins